Sep 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Things may not be shaping up for a great year in Calgary, but coach Bob Hartley has seen a couple players pique his interest so far in training camp.
“All our young kids play well, they’re all good kids, they all respect the game and that’s important. It’s the feather in the cap to the front office, they’ve drafted some good kids and we’re going to need them through the season whether it’s injuries or whatever it is, and I’ve been impressed with the way they carry themselves.”
GM Jay Feaster doesn’t get many kudos these days, but here we are. Drafting Monahan sixth overall and acquiring Knight from the Panthers gives them a couple of very young and hopeful players.
With the state the current Flames roster is in, both players might stick with the team all season.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)