Sep 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Things may not be shaping up for a great year in Calgary, but coach Bob Hartley has seen a couple players pique his interest so far in training camp.
“All our young kids play well, they’re all good kids, they all respect the game and that’s important. It’s the feather in the cap to the front office, they’ve drafted some good kids and we’re going to need them through the season whether it’s injuries or whatever it is, and I’ve been impressed with the way they carry themselves.”
GM Jay Feaster doesn’t get many kudos these days, but here we are. Drafting Monahan sixth overall and acquiring Knight from the Panthers gives them a couple of very young and hopeful players.
With the state the current Flames roster is in, both players might stick with the team all season.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)