Sep 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Things may not be shaping up for a great year in Calgary, but coach Bob Hartley has seen a couple players pique his interest so far in training camp.
“All our young kids play well, they’re all good kids, they all respect the game and that’s important. It’s the feather in the cap to the front office, they’ve drafted some good kids and we’re going to need them through the season whether it’s injuries or whatever it is, and I’ve been impressed with the way they carry themselves.”
GM Jay Feaster doesn’t get many kudos these days, but here we are. Drafting Monahan sixth overall and acquiring Knight from the Panthers gives them a couple of very young and hopeful players.
With the state the current Flames roster is in, both players might stick with the team all season.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)