Sep 15, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
Things may not be shaping up for a great year in Calgary, but coach Bob Hartley has seen a couple players pique his interest so far in training camp.
“All our young kids play well, they’re all good kids, they all respect the game and that’s important. It’s the feather in the cap to the front office, they’ve drafted some good kids and we’re going to need them through the season whether it’s injuries or whatever it is, and I’ve been impressed with the way they carry themselves.”
GM Jay Feaster doesn’t get many kudos these days, but here we are. Drafting Monahan sixth overall and acquiring Knight from the Panthers gives them a couple of very young and hopeful players.
With the state the current Flames roster is in, both players might stick with the team all season.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)