Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs (which the Leafs ended up winning 4-3). GM Paul Holmgren announced that Rinaldo, 23, is considered day-to-day.
Injuries have been an issue here and there for Rinaldo, as his 2013 season was plagued by injuries to his legs, particularly a thigh laceration.
The good news is that it’s listed as a day-to-day issue, for now, but we’ll see if it ends up being a serious problem.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6