Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs (which the Leafs ended up winning 4-3). GM Paul Holmgren announced that Rinaldo, 23, is considered day-to-day.
Injuries have been an issue here and there for Rinaldo, as his 2013 season was plagued by injuries to his legs, particularly a thigh laceration.
The good news is that it’s listed as a day-to-day issue, for now, but we’ll see if it ends up being a serious problem.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2