Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs (which the Leafs ended up winning 4-3). GM Paul Holmgren announced that Rinaldo, 23, is considered day-to-day.
Injuries have been an issue here and there for Rinaldo, as his 2013 season was plagued by injuries to his legs, particularly a thigh laceration.
The good news is that it’s listed as a day-to-day issue, for now, but we’ll see if it ends up being a serious problem.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)