Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs (which the Leafs ended up winning 4-3). GM Paul Holmgren announced that Rinaldo, 23, is considered day-to-day.
Injuries have been an issue here and there for Rinaldo, as his 2013 season was plagued by injuries to his legs, particularly a thigh laceration.
The good news is that it’s listed as a day-to-day issue, for now, but we’ll see if it ends up being a serious problem.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16