Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Philadelphia Flyers tough guy Zac Rinaldo suffered an upper-body injury during Sunday’s preseason game against the Toronto Maple Leafs (which the Leafs ended up winning 4-3). GM Paul Holmgren announced that Rinaldo, 23, is considered day-to-day.
Injuries have been an issue here and there for Rinaldo, as his 2013 season was plagued by injuries to his legs, particularly a thigh laceration.
The good news is that it’s listed as a day-to-day issue, for now, but we’ll see if it ends up being a serious problem.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)