Sep 15, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
This season is supposed to be the one Flyers defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon challenges for a full-time role on the blue line. Instead, he’s trying to bounce back a concussion suffered last year that ended his season.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com spoke with the almost 24-year-old blue liner and finds out that while he’s back skating, he’s still dealing with issues stemming from his injury.
“Every time I skated with the guys [in August] and there was contact and stuff, it was just bad luck and I had symptoms. I can’t have the contact if I am still having symptoms,” Bourdon said.
Bourdon played in just 17 games last year for the AHL Adirondack Phantoms thanks to his injury. GM Paul Holmgren says he’s “day-to-day” but he’s already announced Bourdon will start the season on long-term injured reserve.
Considering how banged up the Flyers defensive corps was last season, having all the depth you can goes a long way. Going without Bourdon won’t be helpful to Philly in anyway.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)