Sep 15, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
This season is supposed to be the one Flyers defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon challenges for a full-time role on the blue line. Instead, he’s trying to bounce back a concussion suffered last year that ended his season.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com spoke with the almost 24-year-old blue liner and finds out that while he’s back skating, he’s still dealing with issues stemming from his injury.
“Every time I skated with the guys [in August] and there was contact and stuff, it was just bad luck and I had symptoms. I can’t have the contact if I am still having symptoms,” Bourdon said.
Bourdon played in just 17 games last year for the AHL Adirondack Phantoms thanks to his injury. GM Paul Holmgren says he’s “day-to-day” but he’s already announced Bourdon will start the season on long-term injured reserve.
Considering how banged up the Flyers defensive corps was last season, having all the depth you can goes a long way. Going without Bourdon won’t be helpful to Philly in anyway.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (56)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)