Sep 15, 2013, 11:18 PM EST
San Jose Sharks prospect Mirco Mueller made his training camp debut on Sunday, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“Pretty special. It was my first practice with the pros,” Mueller said. “The first thing I noticed is they practice really hard and really fast. It was a really high pace today.”
The 2013 first-rounder (18th overall) was previously limited by a minor back injury.
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan seemed happy with what he saw from the 18-year-old defenseman, who said that he models his game after blueliners such as San Jose’s own Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
“I thought Mirco was fine,” Todd McLellan said. “For him, the big test was to get over his injury from the prospect camp tournament. For him to be thrown in without having the other three days, I thought he did an admirable job.”
As CSNBayArea.com notes, Mueller’s an extreme long-shot to make the big club right out of the draft. Still, it doesn’t hurt to make a good first impression, so he must be glad to finally get a chance to do that.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)