Sep 15, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks prospect Mirco Mueller made his training camp debut on Sunday, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“Pretty special. It was my first practice with the pros,” Mueller said. “The first thing I noticed is they practice really hard and really fast. It was a really high pace today.”
The 2013 first-rounder (18th overall) was previously limited by a minor back injury.
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan seemed happy with what he saw from the 18-year-old defenseman, who said that he models his game after blueliners such as San Jose’s own Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
“I thought Mirco was fine,” Todd McLellan said. “For him, the big test was to get over his injury from the prospect camp tournament. For him to be thrown in without having the other three days, I thought he did an admirable job.”
As CSNBayArea.com notes, Mueller’s an extreme long-shot to make the big club right out of the draft. Still, it doesn’t hurt to make a good first impression, so he must be glad to finally get a chance to do that.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)