Sep 15, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
San Jose Sharks prospect Mirco Mueller made his training camp debut on Sunday, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“Pretty special. It was my first practice with the pros,” Mueller said. “The first thing I noticed is they practice really hard and really fast. It was a really high pace today.”
The 2013 first-rounder (18th overall) was previously limited by a minor back injury.
Sharks head coach Todd McLellan seemed happy with what he saw from the 18-year-old defenseman, who said that he models his game after blueliners such as San Jose’s own Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
“I thought Mirco was fine,” Todd McLellan said. “For him, the big test was to get over his injury from the prospect camp tournament. For him to be thrown in without having the other three days, I thought he did an admirable job.”
As CSNBayArea.com notes, Mueller’s an extreme long-shot to make the big club right out of the draft. Still, it doesn’t hurt to make a good first impression, so he must be glad to finally get a chance to do that.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 3
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 61
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (61)