Sep 15, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Even though he impressed the Chicago Blackhawks brass – Joel Quenneville described his vision as “special” – Teuvo Teravainen will be sent back to Finland instead of starting his NHL career, ESPN reports.
“I think we’re going to send him back, and he’s going to play over there,” Quenneville said. “But nice knowing there’s a real nice piece coming.”
The 19-year-old forward impressed Patrick Kane, who remarked that Teravainen’s “talent level is sky high.”
The 18th pick of the 2012 NHL Draft doesn’t seem to be too broken up about returning to Finland, as he’s almost guaranteed to play a bigger role than he would with the defending Stanley Cup champions.
“[The camp’s] been very fun. I think my legs felt very tired. It’s pretty tough, but it’s fun to play with the good guys,” Teravainen said. “It’s an awesome experience for me … I feel good. I think I can maybe play here, but I think I need to get stronger and go back to Finland and get minutes there.”
If he’s as good as advertised, the rest of the league could be in trouble … just not until the 2014-15 season, at the earliest.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)