Sep 15, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Even though he impressed the Chicago Blackhawks brass – Joel Quenneville described his vision as “special” – Teuvo Teravainen will be sent back to Finland instead of starting his NHL career, ESPN reports.
“I think we’re going to send him back, and he’s going to play over there,” Quenneville said. “But nice knowing there’s a real nice piece coming.”
The 19-year-old forward impressed Patrick Kane, who remarked that Teravainen’s “talent level is sky high.”
The 18th pick of the 2012 NHL Draft doesn’t seem to be too broken up about returning to Finland, as he’s almost guaranteed to play a bigger role than he would with the defending Stanley Cup champions.
“[The camp’s] been very fun. I think my legs felt very tired. It’s pretty tough, but it’s fun to play with the good guys,” Teravainen said. “It’s an awesome experience for me … I feel good. I think I can maybe play here, but I think I need to get stronger and go back to Finland and get minutes there.”
If he’s as good as advertised, the rest of the league could be in trouble … just not until the 2014-15 season, at the earliest.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)