Sep 14, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Chris Pronger‘s new role as a scout for the Philadelphia Flyers may as well have him being called a double agent.
Thanks to post-concussion syndrome, he’s yet to find his way back on the ice but he’s finding it tricky to be part of both management and a member of the Players’ union as he tells Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com.
“I have yet to be told what my duties are,” said Pronger. “As still an active player and a dues-paying member of the [NHLPA] and all that, I know my role will be somewhat limited still in what I can and can’t do.”
Pronger goes on to say being a scout is “something anyone can do” and he doesn’t see an issue reporting on team’s systems and what players do on the ice. Besides, it’s not as if he’s ever had an issue being straight on any subject.
As for his concussion recovery, it’s slow and he’s still having issues with dizziness. The team will be putting him on long-term injured reserve once again this season so as to not take on his $4.9 million cap hit. He has four years left on his contract with the team.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)