Sep 14, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Chris Pronger‘s new role as a scout for the Philadelphia Flyers may as well have him being called a double agent.
Thanks to post-concussion syndrome, he’s yet to find his way back on the ice but he’s finding it tricky to be part of both management and a member of the Players’ union as he tells Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com.
“I have yet to be told what my duties are,” said Pronger. “As still an active player and a dues-paying member of the [NHLPA] and all that, I know my role will be somewhat limited still in what I can and can’t do.”
Pronger goes on to say being a scout is “something anyone can do” and he doesn’t see an issue reporting on team’s systems and what players do on the ice. Besides, it’s not as if he’s ever had an issue being straight on any subject.
As for his concussion recovery, it’s slow and he’s still having issues with dizziness. The team will be putting him on long-term injured reserve once again this season so as to not take on his $4.9 million cap hit. He has four years left on his contract with the team.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)