Sep 14, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
Chris Pronger‘s new role as a scout for the Philadelphia Flyers may as well have him being called a double agent.
Thanks to post-concussion syndrome, he’s yet to find his way back on the ice but he’s finding it tricky to be part of both management and a member of the Players’ union as he tells Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com.
“I have yet to be told what my duties are,” said Pronger. “As still an active player and a dues-paying member of the [NHLPA] and all that, I know my role will be somewhat limited still in what I can and can’t do.”
Pronger goes on to say being a scout is “something anyone can do” and he doesn’t see an issue reporting on team’s systems and what players do on the ice. Besides, it’s not as if he’s ever had an issue being straight on any subject.
As for his concussion recovery, it’s slow and he’s still having issues with dizziness. The team will be putting him on long-term injured reserve once again this season so as to not take on his $4.9 million cap hit. He has four years left on his contract with the team.
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 1
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 6
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)