Sep 14, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There may be a new third line forming for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jussi Jokinen, Brandon Sutter and Matt D’Agostini have been skating as a unit at Penguins training camp and they managed to produce some offence Saturday, scoring two goals in a 3-0 scrimmage victory for Group A, as per the club’s website.
Not a bad start.
“Both guys are pretty easy to play with,” D’Agostini told the Penguins’ website.
“They’re both simple, straight-forward guys that get their offensive chances by just working hard, getting pucks behind their D and getting our chances from there.
“Every time you come off there are conversations. Go here, you want me here, those kinds of things. They’re good communicators. It’s been pretty good the last couple of days.”
The Penguins signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year deal worth $550,000.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)