Sep 14, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
There may be a new third line forming for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jussi Jokinen, Brandon Sutter and Matt D’Agostini have been skating as a unit at Penguins training camp and they managed to produce some offence Saturday, scoring two goals in a 3-0 scrimmage victory for Group A, as per the club’s website.
Not a bad start.
“Both guys are pretty easy to play with,” D’Agostini told the Penguins’ website.
“They’re both simple, straight-forward guys that get their offensive chances by just working hard, getting pucks behind their D and getting our chances from there.
“Every time you come off there are conversations. Go here, you want me here, those kinds of things. They’re good communicators. It’s been pretty good the last couple of days.”
The Penguins signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year deal worth $550,000.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)