Sep 14, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There may be a new third line forming for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jussi Jokinen, Brandon Sutter and Matt D’Agostini have been skating as a unit at Penguins training camp and they managed to produce some offence Saturday, scoring two goals in a 3-0 scrimmage victory for Group A, as per the club’s website.
Not a bad start.
“Both guys are pretty easy to play with,” D’Agostini told the Penguins’ website.
“They’re both simple, straight-forward guys that get their offensive chances by just working hard, getting pucks behind their D and getting our chances from there.
“Every time you come off there are conversations. Go here, you want me here, those kinds of things. They’re good communicators. It’s been pretty good the last couple of days.”
The Penguins signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year deal worth $550,000.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1