Sep 14, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There may be a new third line forming for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jussi Jokinen, Brandon Sutter and Matt D’Agostini have been skating as a unit at Penguins training camp and they managed to produce some offence Saturday, scoring two goals in a 3-0 scrimmage victory for Group A, as per the club’s website.
Not a bad start.
“Both guys are pretty easy to play with,” D’Agostini told the Penguins’ website.
“They’re both simple, straight-forward guys that get their offensive chances by just working hard, getting pucks behind their D and getting our chances from there.
“Every time you come off there are conversations. Go here, you want me here, those kinds of things. They’re good communicators. It’s been pretty good the last couple of days.”
The Penguins signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year deal worth $550,000.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)