Sep 14, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
There may be a new third line forming for the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jussi Jokinen, Brandon Sutter and Matt D’Agostini have been skating as a unit at Penguins training camp and they managed to produce some offence Saturday, scoring two goals in a 3-0 scrimmage victory for Group A, as per the club’s website.
Not a bad start.
“Both guys are pretty easy to play with,” D’Agostini told the Penguins’ website.
“They’re both simple, straight-forward guys that get their offensive chances by just working hard, getting pucks behind their D and getting our chances from there.
“Every time you come off there are conversations. Go here, you want me here, those kinds of things. They’re good communicators. It’s been pretty good the last couple of days.”
The Penguins signed D’Agostini in July to a one-year deal worth $550,000.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6