Sep 14, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have signed goaltender Zachary Fucale to a three-year entry-level contract.
The NHL club made the announcement on Saturday. Fucale is the Canadiens’ second-round pick, 36th overall, from this year’s draft and is currently at Habs training camp.
Fucale was a key member of the Halifax Mooseheads in their run to a Memorial Cup championship this spring. He posted a 3-1 record for the Mooseheads in the tournament. The 18-year-old puck stopper also posted a 16-1 record in the QMJHL post-season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)