Sep 14, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens have signed goaltender Zachary Fucale to a three-year entry-level contract.
The NHL club made the announcement on Saturday. Fucale is the Canadiens’ second-round pick, 36th overall, from this year’s draft and is currently at Habs training camp.
Fucale was a key member of the Halifax Mooseheads in their run to a Memorial Cup championship this spring. He posted a 3-1 record for the Mooseheads in the tournament. The 18-year-old puck stopper also posted a 16-1 record in the QMJHL post-season.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)