Sep 14, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have signed goaltender Zachary Fucale to a three-year entry-level contract.
The NHL club made the announcement on Saturday. Fucale is the Canadiens’ second-round pick, 36th overall, from this year’s draft and is currently at Habs training camp.
Fucale was a key member of the Halifax Mooseheads in their run to a Memorial Cup championship this spring. He posted a 3-1 record for the Mooseheads in the tournament. The 18-year-old puck stopper also posted a 16-1 record in the QMJHL post-season.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)