Sep 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The negotiations are done. The contract is signed.
After a lengthy back-and-forth negotiation process, the St. Louis Blues finally locked up restricted free agent defenseman Alex Pietrangelo with a seven-year, $45.5 contract that was announced Friday.
“He’s the one player that has that quality to be an elite player in our game at his position,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong told reporters.
“I view him as a potential Norris Trophy winner. I view him as someone that can dominate a game.”
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)