Sep 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The negotiations are done. The contract is signed.
After a lengthy back-and-forth negotiation process, the St. Louis Blues finally locked up restricted free agent defenseman Alex Pietrangelo with a seven-year, $45.5 contract that was announced Friday.
“He’s the one player that has that quality to be an elite player in our game at his position,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong told reporters.
“I view him as a potential Norris Trophy winner. I view him as someone that can dominate a game.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50