Sep 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The negotiations are done. The contract is signed.
After a lengthy back-and-forth negotiation process, the St. Louis Blues finally locked up restricted free agent defenseman Alex Pietrangelo with a seven-year, $45.5 contract that was announced Friday.
“He’s the one player that has that quality to be an elite player in our game at his position,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong told reporters.
“I view him as a potential Norris Trophy winner. I view him as someone that can dominate a game.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21