Sep 13, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The negotiations are done. The contract is signed.
After a lengthy back-and-forth negotiation process, the St. Louis Blues finally locked up restricted free agent defenseman Alex Pietrangelo with a seven-year, $45.5 contract that was announced Friday.
“He’s the one player that has that quality to be an elite player in our game at his position,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong told reporters.
“I view him as a potential Norris Trophy winner. I view him as someone that can dominate a game.”
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63