Sep 13, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Training camps have begun and so, too, have reports of injuries.
Jonathan Toews didn’t take part in the Chicago Blackhawks scrimmage Friday, due to a lower-body injury.
“He practiced (Friday) morning and precautionary we kept him off for the game,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Friday, as per the Chicago Tribune.
“It’s not serious. We’ll see how he is (Saturday) and maybe give him a couple of days off the ice. I think it was kind of bugging him before but he went through everything (Thursday) and (Friday) and felt not bad but we said, ‘let’s be smart about it.'”
Toews captained the Blackhawks to a Stanley Cup championship in June. It’s the second time in the last four years the Blackhawks have won the silver chalice.
Toews, 25, had three goals and 14 points in 23 post-season games.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21