Sep 13, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Training camps have begun and so, too, have reports of injuries.
Jonathan Toews didn’t take part in the Chicago Blackhawks scrimmage Friday, due to a lower-body injury.
“He practiced (Friday) morning and precautionary we kept him off for the game,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Friday, as per the Chicago Tribune.
“It’s not serious. We’ll see how he is (Saturday) and maybe give him a couple of days off the ice. I think it was kind of bugging him before but he went through everything (Thursday) and (Friday) and felt not bad but we said, ‘let’s be smart about it.'”
Toews captained the Blackhawks to a Stanley Cup championship in June. It’s the second time in the last four years the Blackhawks have won the silver chalice.
Toews, 25, had three goals and 14 points in 23 post-season games.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)