Sep 13, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Training camps have begun and so, too, have reports of injuries.
Jonathan Toews didn’t take part in the Chicago Blackhawks scrimmage Friday, due to a lower-body injury.
“He practiced (Friday) morning and precautionary we kept him off for the game,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Friday, as per the Chicago Tribune.
“It’s not serious. We’ll see how he is (Saturday) and maybe give him a couple of days off the ice. I think it was kind of bugging him before but he went through everything (Thursday) and (Friday) and felt not bad but we said, ‘let’s be smart about it.'”
Toews captained the Blackhawks to a Stanley Cup championship in June. It’s the second time in the last four years the Blackhawks have won the silver chalice.
Toews, 25, had three goals and 14 points in 23 post-season games.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)