Sep 13, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Training camps have begun and so, too, have reports of injuries.
Jonathan Toews didn’t take part in the Chicago Blackhawks scrimmage Friday, due to a lower-body injury.
“He practiced (Friday) morning and precautionary we kept him off for the game,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Friday, as per the Chicago Tribune.
“It’s not serious. We’ll see how he is (Saturday) and maybe give him a couple of days off the ice. I think it was kind of bugging him before but he went through everything (Thursday) and (Friday) and felt not bad but we said, ‘let’s be smart about it.'”
Toews captained the Blackhawks to a Stanley Cup championship in June. It’s the second time in the last four years the Blackhawks have won the silver chalice.
Toews, 25, had three goals and 14 points in 23 post-season games.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 8
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 11
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33