Sep 13, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Training camps have begun and so, too, have reports of injuries.
Jonathan Toews didn’t take part in the Chicago Blackhawks scrimmage Friday, due to a lower-body injury.
“He practiced (Friday) morning and precautionary we kept him off for the game,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Friday, as per the Chicago Tribune.
“It’s not serious. We’ll see how he is (Saturday) and maybe give him a couple of days off the ice. I think it was kind of bugging him before but he went through everything (Thursday) and (Friday) and felt not bad but we said, ‘let’s be smart about it.'”
Toews captained the Blackhawks to a Stanley Cup championship in June. It’s the second time in the last four years the Blackhawks have won the silver chalice.
Toews, 25, had three goals and 14 points in 23 post-season games.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)