Sep 13, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Ryan Kesler doesn’t think the Vancouver Canucks are on the decline. In fact, he swears they’re not. (Three times, by our count.)
“To be honest, I don’t listen to that s***,” said Kesler Friday, per The Province.
“That’s what it is. It’s s***. We believe in ourselves in the dressing room. All those negative comments we’re not even going to…
“To be honest, I shouldn’t have even answered that question. It’s s***.”
In the wake of two straight first-round playoff losses, the Canucks have a lot to prove in 2013-14.
“That’s just going to spark more fire,” said Kesler, referring to all the doubters out there.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 77
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 58
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (79)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)