Sep 13, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Ryan Kesler doesn’t think the Vancouver Canucks are on the decline. In fact, he swears they’re not. (Three times, by our count.)
“To be honest, I don’t listen to that s***,” said Kesler Friday, per The Province.
“That’s what it is. It’s s***. We believe in ourselves in the dressing room. All those negative comments we’re not even going to…
“To be honest, I shouldn’t have even answered that question. It’s s***.”
In the wake of two straight first-round playoff losses, the Canucks have a lot to prove in 2013-14.
“That’s just going to spark more fire,” said Kesler, referring to all the doubters out there.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)