Sep 13, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler doesn’t think the Vancouver Canucks are on the decline. In fact, he swears they’re not. (Three times, by our count.)
“To be honest, I don’t listen to that s***,” said Kesler Friday, per The Province.
“That’s what it is. It’s s***. We believe in ourselves in the dressing room. All those negative comments we’re not even going to…
“To be honest, I shouldn’t have even answered that question. It’s s***.”
In the wake of two straight first-round playoff losses, the Canucks have a lot to prove in 2013-14.
“That’s just going to spark more fire,” said Kesler, referring to all the doubters out there.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)