Sep 13, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler doesn’t think the Vancouver Canucks are on the decline. In fact, he swears they’re not. (Three times, by our count.)
“To be honest, I don’t listen to that s***,” said Kesler Friday, per The Province.
“That’s what it is. It’s s***. We believe in ourselves in the dressing room. All those negative comments we’re not even going to…
“To be honest, I shouldn’t have even answered that question. It’s s***.”
In the wake of two straight first-round playoff losses, the Canucks have a lot to prove in 2013-14.
“That’s just going to spark more fire,” said Kesler, referring to all the doubters out there.
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)