Sep 13, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
For Mikhail Grabovski and the Washington Capitals, the wait is over.
Grabovski, who’s been absent from Caps camp dealing with visa issues, finally sorted out his paperwork and will join his new teammates this weekend, according to the Washington Post.
The 29-year-old center will practice at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Sunday, reports the Post’s Katie Carrera, though it’s unclear exactly when he’ll meet the team.
His absence from camp was accentuated when fellow center Brooks Laich went down with a lower-body injury mid-week.
Part of the reason Grabovski was signed to a one-year, $3 million deal was as insurance for the No. 2 center position, as Laich’s wonky groin and penchant for injury has kept him from consistently filling the role.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2