Sep 13, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
For Mikhail Grabovski and the Washington Capitals, the wait is over.
Grabovski, who’s been absent from Caps camp dealing with visa issues, finally sorted out his paperwork and will join his new teammates this weekend, according to the Washington Post.
The 29-year-old center will practice at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Sunday, reports the Post’s Katie Carrera, though it’s unclear exactly when he’ll meet the team.
His absence from camp was accentuated when fellow center Brooks Laich went down with a lower-body injury mid-week.
Part of the reason Grabovski was signed to a one-year, $3 million deal was as insurance for the No. 2 center position, as Laich’s wonky groin and penchant for injury has kept him from consistently filling the role.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)