Sep 13, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
For Mikhail Grabovski and the Washington Capitals, the wait is over.
Grabovski, who’s been absent from Caps camp dealing with visa issues, finally sorted out his paperwork and will join his new teammates this weekend, according to the Washington Post.
The 29-year-old center will practice at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Sunday, reports the Post’s Katie Carrera, though it’s unclear exactly when he’ll meet the team.
His absence from camp was accentuated when fellow center Brooks Laich went down with a lower-body injury mid-week.
Part of the reason Grabovski was signed to a one-year, $3 million deal was as insurance for the No. 2 center position, as Laich’s wonky groin and penchant for injury has kept him from consistently filling the role.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5