Sep 13, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
For Mikhail Grabovski and the Washington Capitals, the wait is over.
Grabovski, who’s been absent from Caps camp dealing with visa issues, finally sorted out his paperwork and will join his new teammates this weekend, according to the Washington Post.
The 29-year-old center will practice at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Sunday, reports the Post’s Katie Carrera, though it’s unclear exactly when he’ll meet the team.
His absence from camp was accentuated when fellow center Brooks Laich went down with a lower-body injury mid-week.
Part of the reason Grabovski was signed to a one-year, $3 million deal was as insurance for the No. 2 center position, as Laich’s wonky groin and penchant for injury has kept him from consistently filling the role.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 18
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 6
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 34
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 41
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (167)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)