Sep 13, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
For Mikhail Grabovski and the Washington Capitals, the wait is over.
Grabovski, who’s been absent from Caps camp dealing with visa issues, finally sorted out his paperwork and will join his new teammates this weekend, according to the Washington Post.
The 29-year-old center will practice at Kettler Capitals Iceplex on Sunday, reports the Post’s Katie Carrera, though it’s unclear exactly when he’ll meet the team.
His absence from camp was accentuated when fellow center Brooks Laich went down with a lower-body injury mid-week.
Part of the reason Grabovski was signed to a one-year, $3 million deal was as insurance for the No. 2 center position, as Laich’s wonky groin and penchant for injury has kept him from consistently filling the role.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34