Sep 13, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
Martin Biron was back at New York Rangers training camp today after missing a couple of days to attend to a personal issue in Buffalo.
“I am here 100 percent,” the 36-year-old backup told reporters, per The Record. “I’m where I need to be. I’m focused and I’m really where I wanted to be this morning. I was excited to be here. I was excited to be on the ice and get going with the guys, definitely. I’m not going to go into details, it’s just how life is sometimes and you’ve got to roll with it. Again, I was fortunate I was able to get home and now to be back.”
According to the paper, Biron didn’t seem overly concerned about the potential for Johan Hedberg to take his job after the 40-year-old signed a professional tryout with the club.
Biron has one season left on his contract, at a cap hit of $1.3 million. His numbers were solid last year: a save percentage of .917 in six appearances, as Henrik Lundqvist got the large majority of starts for the Rangers.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)