Sep 13, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Martin Biron was back at New York Rangers training camp today after missing a couple of days to attend to a personal issue in Buffalo.
“I am here 100 percent,” the 36-year-old backup told reporters, per The Record. “I’m where I need to be. I’m focused and I’m really where I wanted to be this morning. I was excited to be here. I was excited to be on the ice and get going with the guys, definitely. I’m not going to go into details, it’s just how life is sometimes and you’ve got to roll with it. Again, I was fortunate I was able to get home and now to be back.”
According to the paper, Biron didn’t seem overly concerned about the potential for Johan Hedberg to take his job after the 40-year-old signed a professional tryout with the club.
Biron has one season left on his contract, at a cap hit of $1.3 million. His numbers were solid last year: a save percentage of .917 in six appearances, as Henrik Lundqvist got the large majority of starts for the Rangers.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)