Sep 13, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Martin Biron was back at New York Rangers training camp today after missing a couple of days to attend to a personal issue in Buffalo.
“I am here 100 percent,” the 36-year-old backup told reporters, per The Record. “I’m where I need to be. I’m focused and I’m really where I wanted to be this morning. I was excited to be here. I was excited to be on the ice and get going with the guys, definitely. I’m not going to go into details, it’s just how life is sometimes and you’ve got to roll with it. Again, I was fortunate I was able to get home and now to be back.”
According to the paper, Biron didn’t seem overly concerned about the potential for Johan Hedberg to take his job after the 40-year-old signed a professional tryout with the club.
Biron has one season left on his contract, at a cap hit of $1.3 million. His numbers were solid last year: a save percentage of .917 in six appearances, as Henrik Lundqvist got the large majority of starts for the Rangers.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)