Sep 13, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
Will Terry Yake be there? What about Bob Corkum? And Bobby Dollas?
From a press release:
The Ducks announced today that the club will celebrate “Throwback Night” at Honda Center on Sunday, Oct. 13 vs. Ottawa (5 p.m.). As part of Anaheim’s 20th anniversary season, the team will compete in Mighty Ducks retro jerseys (purple) for the contest against the Senators. In addition, a majority of original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks team members will take part in festivities throughout the game, celebrating 20 years of Ducks hockey.
Fans attending “Throwback Night” can anticipate an all-1990s experience. A special “93 Cent Menu” will be created for the evening, featuring $0.93 popcorn, a $0.93 fountain soda and a $0.93 sweet treat. Video elements will include look-backs at original Mighty Ducks opening videos and footage from the club’s inaugural game on Oct. 8, 1993 vs. Detroit at the then-Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. A majority of the original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim squad will take center ice for a pre-game ceremony and honorary puck drop. Fans can also look forward to early 1990s music, as well as early 1990s graphics and video elements as part of in-arena entertainment.
Sounds like fun. Perhaps the Ducks will skate out to Meatloaf’s “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”. (Big hit back in 1993. Great video. Meatloaf’s on a motorcycle getting chased by a helicopter. A young Michael Bay directed it. Not kidding.)
By the way, that game will also mark the return to Anaheim of Bobby Ryan, who was traded to Ottawa this summer.
PS — Teemu Selanne was already in his second NHL season when the Ducks joined the NHL.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)