Sep 13, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
Will Terry Yake be there? What about Bob Corkum? And Bobby Dollas?
From a press release:
The Ducks announced today that the club will celebrate “Throwback Night” at Honda Center on Sunday, Oct. 13 vs. Ottawa (5 p.m.). As part of Anaheim’s 20th anniversary season, the team will compete in Mighty Ducks retro jerseys (purple) for the contest against the Senators. In addition, a majority of original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks team members will take part in festivities throughout the game, celebrating 20 years of Ducks hockey.
Fans attending “Throwback Night” can anticipate an all-1990s experience. A special “93 Cent Menu” will be created for the evening, featuring $0.93 popcorn, a $0.93 fountain soda and a $0.93 sweet treat. Video elements will include look-backs at original Mighty Ducks opening videos and footage from the club’s inaugural game on Oct. 8, 1993 vs. Detroit at the then-Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. A majority of the original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim squad will take center ice for a pre-game ceremony and honorary puck drop. Fans can also look forward to early 1990s music, as well as early 1990s graphics and video elements as part of in-arena entertainment.
Sounds like fun. Perhaps the Ducks will skate out to Meatloaf’s “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”. (Big hit back in 1993. Great video. Meatloaf’s on a motorcycle getting chased by a helicopter. A young Michael Bay directed it. Not kidding.)
By the way, that game will also mark the return to Anaheim of Bobby Ryan, who was traded to Ottawa this summer.
PS — Teemu Selanne was already in his second NHL season when the Ducks joined the NHL.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)