Sep 13, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
Will Terry Yake be there? What about Bob Corkum? And Bobby Dollas?
From a press release:
The Ducks announced today that the club will celebrate “Throwback Night” at Honda Center on Sunday, Oct. 13 vs. Ottawa (5 p.m.). As part of Anaheim’s 20th anniversary season, the team will compete in Mighty Ducks retro jerseys (purple) for the contest against the Senators. In addition, a majority of original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks team members will take part in festivities throughout the game, celebrating 20 years of Ducks hockey.
Fans attending “Throwback Night” can anticipate an all-1990s experience. A special “93 Cent Menu” will be created for the evening, featuring $0.93 popcorn, a $0.93 fountain soda and a $0.93 sweet treat. Video elements will include look-backs at original Mighty Ducks opening videos and footage from the club’s inaugural game on Oct. 8, 1993 vs. Detroit at the then-Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. A majority of the original 1993-94 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim squad will take center ice for a pre-game ceremony and honorary puck drop. Fans can also look forward to early 1990s music, as well as early 1990s graphics and video elements as part of in-arena entertainment.
Sounds like fun. Perhaps the Ducks will skate out to Meatloaf’s “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)”. (Big hit back in 1993. Great video. Meatloaf’s on a motorcycle getting chased by a helicopter. A young Michael Bay directed it. Not kidding.)
By the way, that game will also mark the return to Anaheim of Bobby Ryan, who was traded to Ottawa this summer.
PS — Teemu Selanne was already in his second NHL season when the Ducks joined the NHL.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 31
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)