Sep 12, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
One of the newest Calgary Flames isn’t happy with pundits picking his team to finish in the basement this season.
“It kinda pisses me off when I hear people say all these negative things, ‘Oh yeah, have fun finishing last,’ stuff like that, even from people from Calgary,” TJ Galiardi told the Calgary Sun. “People like that should just not bother talking.”
The 25-year-old winger, acquired from San Jose in July, is one of the new faces on a team that finished 25th in the league last season.
Other new faces include David Jones and Shane O’Brien (Galiardi’s former Colorado teammates), ex-Blues defenseman Kris Russell, a slew of rookies and a pair of goalies (Reto Berra, Karri Ramo) looking to replace recently-retired Miikka Kiprusoff.
The point is the Flames will be decidedly different from last year.
As such, Galiardi sees no reason to have low expectations.
“I don’t really care what the media says about where we’re going to finish and stuff like that. I don’t want to go out there and lose games,” Galiardi added. “I didn’t come here to do that, and I’m going to personally do everything I can to make sure we don’t.
“And I know there are 20-plus guys that are going to do the same thing.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)