Sep 12, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Not a great start to Florida Panthers training camp.
Bjugstad, 21, was Florida’s first-round pick (19th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers late last season, appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
Bjugstad, a center, is expected to challenge for a spot with the Panthers this season.
It’ll be interesting to see were he fits on the depth chart, as the club added two centers this offseason — veteran Scott Gomez and Aleksander Barkov, the second overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)