Sep 12, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Not a great start to Florida Panthers training camp.
Bjugstad, 21, was Florida’s first-round pick (19th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers late last season, appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
Bjugstad, a center, is expected to challenge for a spot with the Panthers this season.
It’ll be interesting to see were he fits on the depth chart, as the club added two centers this offseason — veteran Scott Gomez and Aleksander Barkov, the second overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)