Sep 12, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Not a great start to Florida Panthers training camp.
Bjugstad, 21, was Florida’s first-round pick (19th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the last three years at the University of Minnesota and made his NHL debut for the Panthers late last season, appearing in 11 games while recording his first big-league goal.
Bjugstad, a center, is expected to challenge for a spot with the Panthers this season.
It’ll be interesting to see were he fits on the depth chart, as the club added two centers this offseason — veteran Scott Gomez and Aleksander Barkov, the second overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 17
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 15
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 16
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 11
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)