Sep 12, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Interesting tidbit below concerning Buffalo coach Ron Rolston’s plans to help Tyler Myers rediscover the form that made him the NHL’s 2009-10 rookie of the year.
From the Olean Times Herald:
Believe it or not, Rolston doesn’t plan to reunite struggling defenseman Tyler Myers and old friend Henrik Tallinder, at least right away.
The two formed a dynamic tandem during Myers’ Calder Trophy season in 2009-10. But he hasn’t been the same since Tallinder left for New Jersey in 2010.
When the Sabres reacquired Tallinder in July, many figured the two would be paired together again.
Fortunately for Myers, Ehrhoff is no slouch; the 31-year-old veteran led the Sabres, and by a wide margin, in average ice time (25:11) last season, and some even argued he should have received Norris Trophy consideration.
Regardless of who Myers is paired up with, the Sabres need a lot more from the 23-year-old with the $38.5 million contract.
“I think Mysie has had an unbelievable summer in terms of going into the summer, awareness of where he’s at,” Rolston said. “I thought he got better as the season went on and finished stronger. But where he’s at, where he needs to go, his summer was dedicated to that, working in those areas. He’s gotten a lot stronger. He’s in really good shape both physically and, I think, mentally.”
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)