Sep 12, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Interesting tidbit below concerning Buffalo coach Ron Rolston’s plans to help Tyler Myers rediscover the form that made him the NHL’s 2009-10 rookie of the year.
From the Olean Times Herald:
Believe it or not, Rolston doesn’t plan to reunite struggling defenseman Tyler Myers and old friend Henrik Tallinder, at least right away.
The two formed a dynamic tandem during Myers’ Calder Trophy season in 2009-10. But he hasn’t been the same since Tallinder left for New Jersey in 2010.
When the Sabres reacquired Tallinder in July, many figured the two would be paired together again.
Fortunately for Myers, Ehrhoff is no slouch; the 31-year-old veteran led the Sabres, and by a wide margin, in average ice time (25:11) last season, and some even argued he should have received Norris Trophy consideration.
Regardless of who Myers is paired up with, the Sabres need a lot more from the 23-year-old with the $38.5 million contract.
“I think Mysie has had an unbelievable summer in terms of going into the summer, awareness of where he’s at,” Rolston said. “I thought he got better as the season went on and finished stronger. But where he’s at, where he needs to go, his summer was dedicated to that, working in those areas. He’s gotten a lot stronger. He’s in really good shape both physically and, I think, mentally.”
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)