Sep 12, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Jarret Stoll isn’t sure what caused his seizure in early July, but he knows it wasn’t from a concussion suffered in the postseason.
“I wish I have a little bit of an explanation,” Stoll told the LA Times on Wednesday. “Nothing really. Even with the concussion in the playoffs, I thought maybe those were connected. But they weren’t.
“That’s the good news, I guess.”
Stoll, 31, was rushed to a L.A.-area hospital the morning of July 3 after suffering the seizure and underwent a series of tests, according to Kings GM Dean Lombardi.
A few months earlier, he suffered a concussion (the second of his career) on a high hit from Sharks forward Raffi Torres.
Stoll missed almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round playoff win against San Jose, but did return to play all five Western Conference finals games against Chicago.
So, it remains unclear what caused the seizure. In speaking with LA Kings Insider earlier this month, Stoll wasn’t offering much detail.
“I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent,” he explained. “That’s not an issue. I think it’s more of an issue if people talk about it, and it’s just one of those things that happened that I wish didn’t, but it did.”
Stoll was medically cleared to return to action for the start of training camp and says he’s doing well.
“I feel good,” he told the Times. “I feel healthy.”
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)