Sep 12, 2013, 12:03 PM EST
Jarret Stoll isn’t sure what caused his seizure in early July, but he knows it wasn’t from a concussion suffered in the postseason.
“I wish I have a little bit of an explanation,” Stoll told the LA Times on Wednesday. “Nothing really. Even with the concussion in the playoffs, I thought maybe those were connected. But they weren’t.
“That’s the good news, I guess.”
Stoll, 31, was rushed to a L.A.-area hospital the morning of July 3 after suffering the seizure and underwent a series of tests, according to Kings GM Dean Lombardi.
A few months earlier, he suffered a concussion (the second of his career) on a high hit from Sharks forward Raffi Torres.
Stoll missed almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round playoff win against San Jose, but did return to play all five Western Conference finals games against Chicago.
So, it remains unclear what caused the seizure. In speaking with LA Kings Insider earlier this month, Stoll wasn’t offering much detail.
“I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent,” he explained. “That’s not an issue. I think it’s more of an issue if people talk about it, and it’s just one of those things that happened that I wish didn’t, but it did.”
Stoll was medically cleared to return to action for the start of training camp and says he’s doing well.
“I feel good,” he told the Times. “I feel healthy.”
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)