Sep 12, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Jarret Stoll isn’t sure what caused his seizure in early July, but he knows it wasn’t from a concussion suffered in the postseason.
“I wish I have a little bit of an explanation,” Stoll told the LA Times on Wednesday. “Nothing really. Even with the concussion in the playoffs, I thought maybe those were connected. But they weren’t.
“That’s the good news, I guess.”
Stoll, 31, was rushed to a L.A.-area hospital the morning of July 3 after suffering the seizure and underwent a series of tests, according to Kings GM Dean Lombardi.
A few months earlier, he suffered a concussion (the second of his career) on a high hit from Sharks forward Raffi Torres.
Stoll missed almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round playoff win against San Jose, but did return to play all five Western Conference finals games against Chicago.
So, it remains unclear what caused the seizure. In speaking with LA Kings Insider earlier this month, Stoll wasn’t offering much detail.
“I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent,” he explained. “That’s not an issue. I think it’s more of an issue if people talk about it, and it’s just one of those things that happened that I wish didn’t, but it did.”
Stoll was medically cleared to return to action for the start of training camp and says he’s doing well.
“I feel good,” he told the Times. “I feel healthy.”
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)