Sep 12, 2013, 12:03 PM EDT
Jarret Stoll isn’t sure what caused his seizure in early July, but he knows it wasn’t from a concussion suffered in the postseason.
“I wish I have a little bit of an explanation,” Stoll told the LA Times on Wednesday. “Nothing really. Even with the concussion in the playoffs, I thought maybe those were connected. But they weren’t.
“That’s the good news, I guess.”
Stoll, 31, was rushed to a L.A.-area hospital the morning of July 3 after suffering the seizure and underwent a series of tests, according to Kings GM Dean Lombardi.
A few months earlier, he suffered a concussion (the second of his career) on a high hit from Sharks forward Raffi Torres.
Stoll missed almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round playoff win against San Jose, but did return to play all five Western Conference finals games against Chicago.
So, it remains unclear what caused the seizure. In speaking with LA Kings Insider earlier this month, Stoll wasn’t offering much detail.
“I feel fine. I feel a hundred percent,” he explained. “That’s not an issue. I think it’s more of an issue if people talk about it, and it’s just one of those things that happened that I wish didn’t, but it did.”
Stoll was medically cleared to return to action for the start of training camp and says he’s doing well.
“I feel good,” he told the Times. “I feel healthy.”
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)