Sep 12, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
The New York Islanders will not be changing their colors when they move to Brooklyn in 2015, Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark confirmed today, according to Christian Arnold of New York Hockey Journal.
The Isles will, however, have a patch and create a third jersey that “speaks to Brooklyn,” per Arnold’s tweet.
Presumably, the third jersey will be a black and white one, similar to the jersey worn by the Isles’ future Barclays Center mates, the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets.
“The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn,” Yormark said in April. “The question is, can we weave that into their color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?”
There’s also this, from today:
While that capacity is higher than originally thought, Newsday’s Arthur Staple reports that “one end of the building has several hundred obstructed view seats, where fans would not be able to see the net or most of the zone below them.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)