Sep 12, 2013, 10:49 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa provided an optimistic update about his health to CSNChicago.com on Thursday.
Granted, the pinched nerve in his back that limited him during the 2013 Stanley Cup Final could warrant long-term monitoring, but he’s aiming for a healthy 2013-14 season. That includes being involved in contact drills during training camp, at least early on.
“I have to be smart about it and do a lot of stretches and exercises to help make it stronger, definitely,” Hossa said. “I had a couple of shots in the summer with my back and a lot of rehab, making it stronger. That was the key to make it better. When they told me I didn’t need the surgery I was happy. It’s been a good decision so far.”
Head coach Joel Quenneville said the team will back off the 34-year-old’s workload (and do the same of other players dealing with injuries) when necessary.
That’s good news for a superbly talented player who’s under contract through the 2020-21 season.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Returning him to Rochester for a third time.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:39 PM EDT
Washington d-man is expected to miss the next two weeks of offseason training.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:26 PM EDT
Swiss winger came over from Calgary at last year’s deadline.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Nice payday after posting a career-high in goals this season.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
“When you look at the structure of our salaries and our cap, it’s important to get those bottom-six cap hits in better shape.”
Jul 28, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
With the Nurnberg Ice Tigers.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Winning bid to be decided by the end of the year.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
“When the games mean something, that’s when he’s at his best.”
Jul 28, 2015, 1:21 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets have done well. The Canucks have not.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Probably looking at another year of junior hockey.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:56 AM EDT
Busy day for Pittsburgh.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:40 AM EDT
Jul 28, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
Could be a top-six winger. Could be a third-line center.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:08 AM EDT
Arbitration hearing scheduled for Thursday.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
25-year-old didn’t file for arbitration, hoping instead to sign a long-term contract.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
In the form of a cool $100,000.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:29 PM EDT
But are any teams mulling his return?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Where he’ll work as a community liaison.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:22 PM EDT
“I want to go free.”
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
24-year-old forward would require waivers to be sent down…
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 19
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 18
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 28
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)