Sep 12, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
No stranger to injuries, it only took 10 minutes for Capitals center Brooks Laich to suffer one during the first on-ice session of this season’s training camp.
Sidelined for all but nine games last season with groin-related issues that required a procedure midway through the season, Laich skated on a line with center Chandler Stephenson and right wing Troy Brouwer before removing himself from the ice.
A team spokesperson said Laich, 30, had suffered a lower-body injury unrelated to the groin problems that plagued him last season.
Grabovski, by the way, wasn’t at camp today; he’s still stuck in Toronto with visa issues.
Update (11:45 a.m. ET):
Update: (12:45 p.m. ET):
From NBC Washington.com:
“The other side of my body, the other thing I went through last year is 100 percent,” Laich said. “I have no inhibition, fear. I have full power, full flexibility, stride everything. I was feeling great as of one week ago at 100 percent and to have this come on — it’s better now I guess than at the start of the season, but we’ll take care of it now and hopefully get over it very quickly and have some exhibition games and practices very soon.”
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)