Sep 12, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
No stranger to injuries, it only took 10 minutes for Capitals center Brooks Laich to suffer one during the first on-ice session of this season’s training camp.
Sidelined for all but nine games last season with groin-related issues that required a procedure midway through the season, Laich skated on a line with center Chandler Stephenson and right wing Troy Brouwer before removing himself from the ice.
A team spokesperson said Laich, 30, had suffered a lower-body injury unrelated to the groin problems that plagued him last season.
Grabovski, by the way, wasn’t at camp today; he’s still stuck in Toronto with visa issues.
Update (11:45 a.m. ET):
Update: (12:45 p.m. ET):
From NBC Washington.com:
“The other side of my body, the other thing I went through last year is 100 percent,” Laich said. “I have no inhibition, fear. I have full power, full flexibility, stride everything. I was feeling great as of one week ago at 100 percent and to have this come on — it’s better now I guess than at the start of the season, but we’ll take care of it now and hopefully get over it very quickly and have some exhibition games and practices very soon.”
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 21
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)