Sep 12, 2013, 11:01 AM EST
No stranger to injuries, it only took 10 minutes for Capitals center Brooks Laich to suffer one during the first on-ice session of this season’s training camp.
Sidelined for all but nine games last season with groin-related issues that required a procedure midway through the season, Laich skated on a line with center Chandler Stephenson and right wing Troy Brouwer before removing himself from the ice.
A team spokesperson said Laich, 30, had suffered a lower-body injury unrelated to the groin problems that plagued him last season.
Grabovski, by the way, wasn’t at camp today; he’s still stuck in Toronto with visa issues.
Update (11:45 a.m. ET):
Update: (12:45 p.m. ET):
From NBC Washington.com:
“The other side of my body, the other thing I went through last year is 100 percent,” Laich said. “I have no inhibition, fear. I have full power, full flexibility, stride everything. I was feeling great as of one week ago at 100 percent and to have this come on — it’s better now I guess than at the start of the season, but we’ll take care of it now and hopefully get over it very quickly and have some exhibition games and practices very soon.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)