Sep 11, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are in the market for a heavyweight, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, who tweets that both general manager Craig MacTavish and new head coach Dallas Eakins believe the team should have an enforcer.
The Oilers fought a league-low 13 times last season, according to hockeyfights.com. (The Leafs led the NHL, with 44 scraps.)
As for which enforcer may fit Edmonton’s needs, well, to be perfectly honest we’re struggling to come up with a prominent fighter who’s still looking for a contract. Maybe we’re missing an obvious one?
Oh well, let’s just watch this instead.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)