Sep 11, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are in the market for a heavyweight, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, who tweets that both general manager Craig MacTavish and new head coach Dallas Eakins believe the team should have an enforcer.
The Oilers fought a league-low 13 times last season, according to hockeyfights.com. (The Leafs led the NHL, with 44 scraps.)
As for which enforcer may fit Edmonton’s needs, well, to be perfectly honest we’re struggling to come up with a prominent fighter who’s still looking for a contract. Maybe we’re missing an obvious one?
Oh well, let’s just watch this instead.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 59
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22