Sep 11, 2013, 4:53 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau wasted no time reuniting one of the biggest lines in Ducks history.
The Penner-Getzlaf-Perry trio rose to prominence during the 2006-07 season. The “Kid Line” or “Points Per Game Line” was a driving force behind the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history, and caused havoc for opponents with its skill and size (Penner is 6-foot-5, 245 pounds; Getzlaf is 6-foot-4, 221 pounds and Perry is 6-foot-3, 210 pounds.)
That year, Penner scored a career-high 29 goals and emerged as a budding star power forward, leading to him signing a five-year, $21.25 million offer sheet with Edmonton.
After stints with the Oilers and Kings, Penner is now back in Orange County. The Ducks are happy to have him.
“Dustin has had great success playing with Getzlaf and Perry, and hopefully that chemistry is still there,” Ducks GM Bob Murray said earlier this summer. “He’s motivated and excited to be back.
“If he plays on the first line, that would be nice to give us some stability at that position.”
As for Penner, he’s remained tight with Getzlaf and Perry since his departure six years ago, and is excited to get the band back together.
Penner also feels he has “unspoken bond” with Getzlaf and Perry. Believes chemistry will come and he’ll get better chance w/ANA than in LA.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) September 11, 2013
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)