Sep 11, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau wasted no time reuniting one of the biggest lines in Ducks history.
The Penner-Getzlaf-Perry trio rose to prominence during the 2006-07 season. The “Kid Line” or “Points Per Game Line” was a driving force behind the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history, and caused havoc for opponents with its skill and size (Penner is 6-foot-5, 245 pounds; Getzlaf is 6-foot-4, 221 pounds and Perry is 6-foot-3, 210 pounds.)
That year, Penner scored a career-high 29 goals and emerged as a budding star power forward, leading to him signing a five-year, $21.25 million offer sheet with Edmonton.
After stints with the Oilers and Kings, Penner is now back in Orange County. The Ducks are happy to have him.
“Dustin has had great success playing with Getzlaf and Perry, and hopefully that chemistry is still there,” Ducks GM Bob Murray said earlier this summer. “He’s motivated and excited to be back.
“If he plays on the first line, that would be nice to give us some stability at that position.”
As for Penner, he’s remained tight with Getzlaf and Perry since his departure six years ago, and is excited to get the band back together.
Penner also feels he has “unspoken bond” with Getzlaf and Perry. Believes chemistry will come and he’ll get better chance w/ANA than in LA.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) September 11, 2013
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 20
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)