Sep 11, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau wasted no time reuniting one of the biggest lines in Ducks history.
The Penner-Getzlaf-Perry trio rose to prominence during the 2006-07 season. The “Kid Line” or “Points Per Game Line” was a driving force behind the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history, and caused havoc for opponents with its skill and size (Penner is 6-foot-5, 245 pounds; Getzlaf is 6-foot-4, 221 pounds and Perry is 6-foot-3, 210 pounds.)
That year, Penner scored a career-high 29 goals and emerged as a budding star power forward, leading to him signing a five-year, $21.25 million offer sheet with Edmonton.
After stints with the Oilers and Kings, Penner is now back in Orange County. The Ducks are happy to have him.
“Dustin has had great success playing with Getzlaf and Perry, and hopefully that chemistry is still there,” Ducks GM Bob Murray said earlier this summer. “He’s motivated and excited to be back.
“If he plays on the first line, that would be nice to give us some stability at that position.”
As for Penner, he’s remained tight with Getzlaf and Perry since his departure six years ago, and is excited to get the band back together.
Penner also feels he has “unspoken bond” with Getzlaf and Perry. Believes chemistry will come and he’ll get better chance w/ANA than in LA.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) September 11, 2013
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)