Sep 11, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau wasted no time reuniting one of the biggest lines in Ducks history.
The Penner-Getzlaf-Perry trio rose to prominence during the 2006-07 season. The “Kid Line” or “Points Per Game Line” was a driving force behind the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history, and caused havoc for opponents with its skill and size (Penner is 6-foot-5, 245 pounds; Getzlaf is 6-foot-4, 221 pounds and Perry is 6-foot-3, 210 pounds.)
That year, Penner scored a career-high 29 goals and emerged as a budding star power forward, leading to him signing a five-year, $21.25 million offer sheet with Edmonton.
After stints with the Oilers and Kings, Penner is now back in Orange County. The Ducks are happy to have him.
“Dustin has had great success playing with Getzlaf and Perry, and hopefully that chemistry is still there,” Ducks GM Bob Murray said earlier this summer. “He’s motivated and excited to be back.
“If he plays on the first line, that would be nice to give us some stability at that position.”
As for Penner, he’s remained tight with Getzlaf and Perry since his departure six years ago, and is excited to get the band back together.
Penner also feels he has “unspoken bond” with Getzlaf and Perry. Believes chemistry will come and he’ll get better chance w/ANA than in LA.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) September 11, 2013
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 10
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)