Sep 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
That’s what the two 41-year-olds said during the opening day of New Jersey Devils training camp on Tuesday, each claiming they’re open to returning for the 2014-15 season.
“I’m not going to comment on, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘Yes, I won’t [retire]‘. So, you can tell [media] around the League they don’t have to ask that question,” Brodeur said, as per NHL.com. “I’m not going to tell anybody if I’m going to retire or not until I make a decision of coming back or not.”
Brodeur made it clear this year wouldn’t be a farewell tour across the league.
Jagr said much of the same, saying his playing days won’t be ending anytime soon. He even took things a step further by committing to re-joining the Czech Extraliga when his time in the NHL is complete.
“I said it might be my last year. It depends on how I play,” he told the New Jersey Star-Ledger. “I don’t want to be somewhere where I’m not going to be good or help. Of course, I’m going to go back and play in the Czech League. I have to do it.
“I love [the Czech Republic]. I love the Czech League.”
Jagr also stated he wants to be on the Czech Olympic team for the 2014 Sochi games and wants to play for the Czechs at the 2015 World Hockey Championships, to be held in Prague and Ostrava.
He’d be 43 at the time.
“I’m excited. I love the game,” Jagr said on Tuesday. “I want to keep playing,”
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (142)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)