Sep 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
That’s what the two 41-year-olds said during the opening day of New Jersey Devils training camp on Tuesday, each claiming they’re open to returning for the 2014-15 season.
“I’m not going to comment on, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘Yes, I won’t [retire]’. So, you can tell [media] around the League they don’t have to ask that question,” Brodeur said, as per NHL.com. “I’m not going to tell anybody if I’m going to retire or not until I make a decision of coming back or not.”
Brodeur made it clear this year wouldn’t be a farewell tour across the league.
Jagr said much of the same, saying his playing days won’t be ending anytime soon. He even took things a step further by committing to re-joining the Czech Extraliga when his time in the NHL is complete.
“I said it might be my last year. It depends on how I play,” he told the New Jersey Star-Ledger. “I don’t want to be somewhere where I’m not going to be good or help. Of course, I’m going to go back and play in the Czech League. I have to do it.
“I love [the Czech Republic]. I love the Czech League.”
Jagr also stated he wants to be on the Czech Olympic team for the 2014 Sochi games and wants to play for the Czechs at the 2015 World Hockey Championships, to be held in Prague and Ostrava.
He’d be 43 at the time.
“I’m excited. I love the game,” Jagr said on Tuesday. “I want to keep playing,”
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)