Sep 11, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
That’s what the two 41-year-olds said during the opening day of New Jersey Devils training camp on Tuesday, each claiming they’re open to returning for the 2014-15 season.
“I’m not going to comment on, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘Yes, I won’t [retire]’. So, you can tell [media] around the League they don’t have to ask that question,” Brodeur said, as per NHL.com. “I’m not going to tell anybody if I’m going to retire or not until I make a decision of coming back or not.”
Brodeur made it clear this year wouldn’t be a farewell tour across the league.
Jagr said much of the same, saying his playing days won’t be ending anytime soon. He even took things a step further by committing to re-joining the Czech Extraliga when his time in the NHL is complete.
“I said it might be my last year. It depends on how I play,” he told the New Jersey Star-Ledger. “I don’t want to be somewhere where I’m not going to be good or help. Of course, I’m going to go back and play in the Czech League. I have to do it.
“I love [the Czech Republic]. I love the Czech League.”
Jagr also stated he wants to be on the Czech Olympic team for the 2014 Sochi games and wants to play for the Czechs at the 2015 World Hockey Championships, to be held in Prague and Ostrava.
He’d be 43 at the time.
“I’m excited. I love the game,” Jagr said on Tuesday. “I want to keep playing,”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)