Sep 11, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Tuesday was a good news, bad news sort of day for Patrice Bergeron.
The good news is that, according to Bergeron, the punctured lung he suffered during the Stanley Cup Final is “perfectly healed” and allowed him to participate in physical testing on Day 1 of Bruins training camp.
The bad news, though, is that he’s still not medically cleared to play games.
“[Bergeron and Gregory Campbell, recovering from a broken leg] are going to practice with us,” B’s head coach Claude Julien said, as per CSNNE.com. “They’ll be on the ice. I think when it comes time to play those exhibition games it will be a conversation with our trainers making sure there isn’t a risk factor if they play.
“They wouldn’t be cleared today if we were playing a game.”
This isn’t a necessarily problem, since the Bruins’ exhibition schedule doesn’t begin until next Monday (Set. 16, vs. Montreal). That gives Bergeron nearly a full week to receive medical clearance and get back into full action.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)