Sep 11, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When asked how he would react to possibly being heckled when he visits Ottawa as a member of the Detroit Red Wings on Dec. 1, Daniel Alfredsson had a simple reaction: boo if you must.
“I’ve thought about returning to Ottawa for that game a little bit,” Alfredsson told QMI Agency on Wednesday. “In the end, people deserve to do what they think is right. I’m going to cherish that night, no matter what happens. It’s a night I’m going to look forward to. So many great memories in that building and this will be another one I’ll always remember when it comes around.”
The 40-year-old said that a negative reaction won’t change his opinion about Ottawa, the only place he played NHL hockey for before 2013-14.
We’ll see if this line combination lasts until December, but QMI reports that the plan is to line up Alfredsson with Stephen Weiss and Johan Franzen. That trio brings an interesting mix of two-way play, right and lefty shots and offensive finish.
In other words, it might be the kind of group that could help Alf make a triumphant return.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25