Sep 11, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When asked how he would react to possibly being heckled when he visits Ottawa as a member of the Detroit Red Wings on Dec. 1, Daniel Alfredsson had a simple reaction: boo if you must.
“I’ve thought about returning to Ottawa for that game a little bit,” Alfredsson told QMI Agency on Wednesday. “In the end, people deserve to do what they think is right. I’m going to cherish that night, no matter what happens. It’s a night I’m going to look forward to. So many great memories in that building and this will be another one I’ll always remember when it comes around.”
The 40-year-old said that a negative reaction won’t change his opinion about Ottawa, the only place he played NHL hockey for before 2013-14.
We’ll see if this line combination lasts until December, but QMI reports that the plan is to line up Alfredsson with Stephen Weiss and Johan Franzen. That trio brings an interesting mix of two-way play, right and lefty shots and offensive finish.
In other words, it might be the kind of group that could help Alf make a triumphant return.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 26
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 8
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)