Sep 11, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When asked how he would react to possibly being heckled when he visits Ottawa as a member of the Detroit Red Wings on Dec. 1, Daniel Alfredsson had a simple reaction: boo if you must.
“I’ve thought about returning to Ottawa for that game a little bit,” Alfredsson told QMI Agency on Wednesday. “In the end, people deserve to do what they think is right. I’m going to cherish that night, no matter what happens. It’s a night I’m going to look forward to. So many great memories in that building and this will be another one I’ll always remember when it comes around.”
The 40-year-old said that a negative reaction won’t change his opinion about Ottawa, the only place he played NHL hockey for before 2013-14.
We’ll see if this line combination lasts until December, but QMI reports that the plan is to line up Alfredsson with Stephen Weiss and Johan Franzen. That trio brings an interesting mix of two-way play, right and lefty shots and offensive finish.
In other words, it might be the kind of group that could help Alf make a triumphant return.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)