Sep 11, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
When asked how he would react to possibly being heckled when he visits Ottawa as a member of the Detroit Red Wings on Dec. 1, Daniel Alfredsson had a simple reaction: boo if you must.
“I’ve thought about returning to Ottawa for that game a little bit,” Alfredsson told QMI Agency on Wednesday. “In the end, people deserve to do what they think is right. I’m going to cherish that night, no matter what happens. It’s a night I’m going to look forward to. So many great memories in that building and this will be another one I’ll always remember when it comes around.”
The 40-year-old said that a negative reaction won’t change his opinion about Ottawa, the only place he played NHL hockey for before 2013-14.
We’ll see if this line combination lasts until December, but QMI reports that the plan is to line up Alfredsson with Stephen Weiss and Johan Franzen. That trio brings an interesting mix of two-way play, right and lefty shots and offensive finish.
In other words, it might be the kind of group that could help Alf make a triumphant return.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)