Sep 11, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
When asked how he would react to possibly being heckled when he visits Ottawa as a member of the Detroit Red Wings on Dec. 1, Daniel Alfredsson had a simple reaction: boo if you must.
“I’ve thought about returning to Ottawa for that game a little bit,” Alfredsson told QMI Agency on Wednesday. “In the end, people deserve to do what they think is right. I’m going to cherish that night, no matter what happens. It’s a night I’m going to look forward to. So many great memories in that building and this will be another one I’ll always remember when it comes around.”
The 40-year-old said that a negative reaction won’t change his opinion about Ottawa, the only place he played NHL hockey for before 2013-14.
We’ll see if this line combination lasts until December, but QMI reports that the plan is to line up Alfredsson with Stephen Weiss and Johan Franzen. That trio brings an interesting mix of two-way play, right and lefty shots and offensive finish.
In other words, it might be the kind of group that could help Alf make a triumphant return.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 0
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5