Sep 10, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Another NHL veteran has accepted a professional tryout — defenseman Ian White is going to Jets camp, according to the Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe.
An unrestricted free agent, White, 29, spent the past two seasons in Detroit, where he eventually fell out of favor with Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock.
White — a Steinbach, Manitoba native — has 179 points in 503 career games with the Wings, Hurricanes, Sharks, Flames, and Leafs.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)