Sep 10, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
If John Tortorella had his way, none of the Vancouver Canucks would be using their Twitter accounts during the season.
But in an interview with Sportsnet (video), the fiery head coach, who’s attempting to become a tad more progressive, said he may have to meet his players “halfway” when it comes to things like Twitter.
“I think I’ve been a little behind as far as this social media and all the stuff that goes on with that,” said Tortorella.
“I do have a Twitter account, and I use it solely for charities. It was a huge success for some of the things we did with animal welfare in New York.
“But, quite honestly, I think that Twitter and tweeting is one of the most narcissistic things I’ve ever seen, as far as people saying, ‘I’m here doing this.’”
And just so you know he’s still Torts, he added this warning for his new troops: “There better be nothing coming out of our locker room, as far as what goes on there.”
Meanwhile, in Edmonton…
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)