Sep 10, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
If John Tortorella had his way, none of the Vancouver Canucks would be using their Twitter accounts during the season.
But in an interview with Sportsnet (video), the fiery head coach, who’s attempting to become a tad more progressive, said he may have to meet his players “halfway” when it comes to things like Twitter.
“I think I’ve been a little behind as far as this social media and all the stuff that goes on with that,” said Tortorella.
“I do have a Twitter account, and I use it solely for charities. It was a huge success for some of the things we did with animal welfare in New York.
“But, quite honestly, I think that Twitter and tweeting is one of the most narcissistic things I’ve ever seen, as far as people saying, ‘I’m here doing this.’”
And just so you know he’s still Torts, he added this warning for his new troops: “There better be nothing coming out of our locker room, as far as what goes on there.”
Meanwhile, in Edmonton…
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)