Sep 10, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Again, it seems like the key was for Kadri to relent on term. TSN’s Darren Dreger points out that he’s only getting $25K more per season than Toronto’s previous two-year offer.
Kadri’s first season salary is $2.7 million while his 2014-15 salary is $3.1 million, according to Kypreos.
This is clearly a prove-it deal for Kadri, who broke through with almost a point per regular season game in 2013 (44 in 48) after failing to stick with the team in 2010-11 and 2011-12. Kadri will still be a restricted free agent once his new deal expires, but he’ll have more leverage if he can prove that this past campaign wasn’t a fluke.
Kadri might be disappointed by this haul, but considering the fact that former RFA P.K. Subban accepted a similar deal in a similarly low position of power, it shouldn’t be shocking.
Buds’ budding bargain
After a summer full of polarizing decisions, this is basically a slam dunk for GM Dave Nonis and the Leafs. They’ve managed to sign a first-round talent who may indeed be breaking through while clearing up between $2-$4 million to re-sign Cody Franson (and maybe even Mason Raymond).
One of the best parts of the deal for both sides is that Kadri isn’t going to miss training camp, which makes this holdout different from several other recent high-profile negotiations.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
“Mirco’s not going anywhere.”
Oct 23, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
And it’s a pretty impressive projected top six.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:23 PM EDT
Washington’s looked pretty darn good under Barry Trotz.
Oct 23, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
“I thought our team was really resilient,” said Dan Hamhuis.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Oct 23, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
“He never back-talked.”
Oct 23, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
So says his coach. (And rightly so.)
Oct 23, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
They’re first and second in the Central Division, and neither has lost in regulation yet.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
Postponed in the wake of the Ottawa shootings.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s a special teams extravaganza!
Oct 23, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
Says he was never asked to increase ice time of youngsters returning from injury.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
“He’s playing great.”
Oct 23, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
A court date has been set for Dec. 1.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT
Probably a figurative slap.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
The Islanders defenseman spent six seasons with the Bruins
Oct 23, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
He’s in the American Hockey League to start 2014-15.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Looks better than one might expect.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:13 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Buffalo scored!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Pretty good chance for three straight.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:23 AM EDT
He was injured on Oct. 16.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 5
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 14
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 78
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (79)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)