Sep 10, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Again, it seems like the key was for Kadri to relent on term. TSN’s Darren Dreger points out that he’s only getting $25K more per season than Toronto’s previous two-year offer.
Kadri’s first season salary is $2.7 million while his 2014-15 salary is $3.1 million, according to Kypreos.
This is clearly a prove-it deal for Kadri, who broke through with almost a point per regular season game in 2013 (44 in 48) after failing to stick with the team in 2010-11 and 2011-12. Kadri will still be a restricted free agent once his new deal expires, but he’ll have more leverage if he can prove that this past campaign wasn’t a fluke.
Kadri might be disappointed by this haul, but considering the fact that former RFA P.K. Subban accepted a similar deal in a similarly low position of power, it shouldn’t be shocking.
Buds’ budding bargain
After a summer full of polarizing decisions, this is basically a slam dunk for GM Dave Nonis and the Leafs. They’ve managed to sign a first-round talent who may indeed be breaking through while clearing up between $2-$4 million to re-sign Cody Franson (and maybe even Mason Raymond).
One of the best parts of the deal for both sides is that Kadri isn’t going to miss training camp, which makes this holdout different from several other recent high-profile negotiations.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:43 AM EDT
The goaltender was sent to the AHL for a pair of games over the weekend.
Oct 20, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Was hit by a Ryan Suter point shot in the second period.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
Defenseman Sami Vatanen has first career two-goal game
Oct 19, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Five years with an annual average value of $4.6 million.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
Responds to being a healthy scratch by showing up on the scoresheet.
Oct 19, 2014, 8:33 PM EDT
Suffered shoulder injury Saturday.
Oct 19, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
Lundqvist makes 33 saves for his first shutout of the season.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
Listed as day-to-day.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
Anton Forsberg recalled from Springfield.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
St. Louis and Nash give Rangers a 3-0 lead after 40 minutes.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
St. Louis visits Anaheim tonight.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Placed on IR.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:23 PM EDT
Appeared in two AHL games on conditioning assignment.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
L.A. hangs on for 2-1 win.
Oct 19, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
He’s played in 878 career games.
Oct 19, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
Jokipakka recalled. Nichushkin placed on IR.
Oct 19, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
That could have ended badly.
Oct 19, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
“I’m just getting tired.”
Oct 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
When he’s healthy, the Canucks will have to decide if he fits into their lineup.
Oct 19, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
He wasn’t alone in praising the out-of-market fans.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)