Sep 10, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
For New York Islanders fans wondering what hockey will look like at the team’s future home in Brooklyn, you’re only two days from getting a guided tour (through the media).
From a club press release:
The New York Islanders will take the Long Island Rail Road to Brooklyn where they will hold training camp sessions at their future home, Barclays Center, on Thursday, September 12. Media are invited to ride with the team on the train departing at 8:51 a.m. from Garden City. The train will arrive at Atlantic Terminal at 9:35 a.m.
The Islanders players and coaching staff will pose for a group photo with Barclays Center Majority Owner and Developer Bruce Ratner and Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark on the Daily News Plaza in front of Barclays Center at 9:40 a.m., before preparing for the team’s first-ever practice on the arena ice.
Immediately following the photo-op, media are invited for a tour with Ratner and Yormark of the arena hockey set-up at 9:45 a.m.
There are two on ice sessions scheduled for the day.
The Isles will also host the New Jersey Devils on Sept. 21 in a preseason game at Barclays Center — an event that’s being heralded as the first-ever NHL game in Brooklyn.*
*The old Brooklyn Americans played in Manhattan at Madison Square Garden. For more on that, click here.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 13
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)