Sep 10, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
The Boston Bruins sometimes-dominant “HuLK line” has disbanded, but their new sets should be pretty impressive in their own right.
One would assume that Milan Lucic would slide in with Krejci-Iginla while Brad Marchand may join Bergeron-Eriksson, although you never know. For what it’s worth, Julien said he might give Daniel Paille a more pronounced role, so things could be shaken up.
If that previous assumption is correct, it’s imperative that the hockey world come up with a good nickname for the Iginla version of Boston’s most offensive-oriented line. Here are a few early attempts: “The ILK line” and “the KILl line.” All silliness aside, it’s not outrageous to expect Iginla, 36, to transition smoothly into Nathan Horton‘s vacated role.
Eriksson, 28, makes a lot of sense with Bergeron, too. The Swedish winger is noted for his two-way play, as Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli noted, so he could be a great compliment for the Selke-caliber pivot.
It’s important to remember that line combinations can change by the day in certain systems, but one can see the logic behind Julien’s initial plan.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (109)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (96)