Sep 10, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins sometimes-dominant “HuLK line” has disbanded, but their new sets should be pretty impressive in their own right.
One would assume that Milan Lucic would slide in with Krejci-Iginla while Brad Marchand may join Bergeron-Eriksson, although you never know. For what it’s worth, Julien said he might give Daniel Paille a more pronounced role, so things could be shaken up.
If that previous assumption is correct, it’s imperative that the hockey world come up with a good nickname for the Iginla version of Boston’s most offensive-oriented line. Here are a few early attempts: “The ILK line” and “the KILl line.” All silliness aside, it’s not outrageous to expect Iginla, 36, to transition smoothly into Nathan Horton‘s vacated role.
Eriksson, 28, makes a lot of sense with Bergeron, too. The Swedish winger is noted for his two-way play, as Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli noted, so he could be a great compliment for the Selke-caliber pivot.
It’s important to remember that line combinations can change by the day in certain systems, but one can see the logic behind Julien’s initial plan.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)