Sep 10, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers might end up holding one of the most interesting training camps of the 2013 preseason, as it’s apparent that defenseman Brett Clark is also receiving a professional tryout with the team.
Clark, 36, joins Brad Boyes as guys we know will be fighting for a position without a full contract.
Scott Clemmensen‘s surgery also opens the door for some intrigue in net, as the team admitted it’s looking for veteran help. That scenario would only get more interesting if Tim Thomas accepts a reported invite to camp.
Clark is best known for his work with the Colorado Avalanche (2003-04 to 2009-10) and two seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The 2013 campaign was rough for the veteran, as he played eight games for the Minnesota Wild, collecting a single assist while registering a -9 rating. He’s played in 689 regular season contests in his NHL career.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 25
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 53
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)