Sep 10, 2013, 6:26 PM EST
The Florida Panthers might end up holding one of the most interesting training camps of the 2013 preseason, as it’s apparent that defenseman Brett Clark is also receiving a professional tryout with the team.
Clark, 36, joins Brad Boyes as guys we know will be fighting for a position without a full contract.
Scott Clemmensen‘s surgery also opens the door for some intrigue in net, as the team admitted it’s looking for veteran help. That scenario would only get more interesting if Tim Thomas accepts a reported invite to camp.
Clark is best known for his work with the Colorado Avalanche (2003-04 to 2009-10) and two seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The 2013 campaign was rough for the veteran, as he played eight games for the Minnesota Wild, collecting a single assist while registering a -9 rating. He’s played in 689 regular season contests in his NHL career.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 8
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 84
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 75
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 66
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (76)