Sep 10, 2013, 6:26 PM EST
The Florida Panthers might end up holding one of the most interesting training camps of the 2013 preseason, as it’s apparent that defenseman Brett Clark is also receiving a professional tryout with the team.
Clark, 36, joins Brad Boyes as guys we know will be fighting for a position without a full contract.
Scott Clemmensen‘s surgery also opens the door for some intrigue in net, as the team admitted it’s looking for veteran help. That scenario would only get more interesting if Tim Thomas accepts a reported invite to camp.
Clark is best known for his work with the Colorado Avalanche (2003-04 to 2009-10) and two seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The 2013 campaign was rough for the veteran, as he played eight games for the Minnesota Wild, collecting a single assist while registering a -9 rating. He’s played in 689 regular season contests in his NHL career.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)