Sep 10, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers might end up holding one of the most interesting training camps of the 2013 preseason, as it’s apparent that defenseman Brett Clark is also receiving a professional tryout with the team.
Clark, 36, joins Brad Boyes as guys we know will be fighting for a position without a full contract.
Scott Clemmensen‘s surgery also opens the door for some intrigue in net, as the team admitted it’s looking for veteran help. That scenario would only get more interesting if Tim Thomas accepts a reported invite to camp.
Clark is best known for his work with the Colorado Avalanche (2003-04 to 2009-10) and two seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The 2013 campaign was rough for the veteran, as he played eight games for the Minnesota Wild, collecting a single assist while registering a -9 rating. He’s played in 689 regular season contests in his NHL career.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)