Sep 10, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers might end up holding one of the most interesting training camps of the 2013 preseason, as it’s apparent that defenseman Brett Clark is also receiving a professional tryout with the team.
Clark, 36, joins Brad Boyes as guys we know will be fighting for a position without a full contract.
Scott Clemmensen‘s surgery also opens the door for some intrigue in net, as the team admitted it’s looking for veteran help. That scenario would only get more interesting if Tim Thomas accepts a reported invite to camp.
Clark is best known for his work with the Colorado Avalanche (2003-04 to 2009-10) and two seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning. The 2013 campaign was rough for the veteran, as he played eight games for the Minnesota Wild, collecting a single assist while registering a -9 rating. He’s played in 689 regular season contests in his NHL career.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 32
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 44
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (45)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)