Sep 10, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
“I still feel it in the rib area,” Bergeron told CSN New England. “It’s more about rotations and when I do core stuff, but I don’t think there are any limitations in any way. It’s about pain management at this point.”
The 28-year-old forward is confident that this won’t prevent him from taking part in training camp or being available for the Boston Bruins season opener and given what he’s already played through, it’s hard to question him. That being said, he hasn’t endured full contact yet.
In addition to the “tenderness” in his ribs stemming from his broken rib and torn cartilage, Bergeron is coming off of a separated shoulder and punctured lung.
Bergeron has established himself as one of the game’s best two-way centers over the last few years. He’s entering the final campaign of his current contract, but he’s already agreed to an eight-year, $52 million extension that will keep him with the Bruins through 2021-22.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 1
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)