Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Los Angeles Kings have enjoyed tremendous success in recent years. The next step for them is to turn that into a sustained winning culture. (Los Angeles Times)
Even in Edmonton’s 7-2 defeat in a prospects game, 19-year-old forward Jujhar Khaira managed to make a good impression. (Edmonton Journal)
Philadelphia Flyers forward Marcel Noebels, 21, knows that he probably won’t make the team’s opening game roster, but he’s hoping that a strong showing in training camp will lead to him being one of the first players Philadelphia calls up. (CSN Philly)
At the age of 21, Calgary Flames forward Max Reinhart is a seasoned veteran compared to the players that attend rookie camp and he’s trying to help out some of the team’s younger prospects. (Flames.nhl.com)
There’s a number of big questions surrounding the Ottawa Senators going into the preseason. (Ottawa Sun)
Nashville prospect Seth Jones had a strong showing in the Predators’ 8-4 victory in a rookies game against Florida. The Panthers are among the teams that passed on Jones, which allowed Nashville to select him with the fourth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. (Predators.nhl.com)
Jul 11, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Jason Spezza’s departure likely makes him Ottawa’s No. 1 pivot.
Jul 11, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
Will their optimism be justified?
Jul 11, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
He seemed bound for Switzerland on Thursday.
Jul 11, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
They acquired him from Montreal this summer.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Another interesting young forward in Tampa Bay.
Jul 11, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
“Evander’s a Winnipeg Jet and that’s how we’re moving forward.”
Jul 11, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
What could the Blackhawks’ defense look like without him?
Jul 11, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Pressure’s on for Randy Carlyle.
Jul 11, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
“We’re not going to finish last to try and draft people first or second.”
Jul 11, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Drafted 22nd overall.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Played for Steve Yzerman during the 2010 Olympics.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
“There was no room for negotiation.”
Jul 11, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
Six-year extension for the 28-year-old center.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Not that there was much left anyways.
Jul 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
Two depth moves for San Jose.
Jul 10, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
They also gave Rinat Valiev an entry-level contract.
Jul 10, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
He was a hockey operations advisor for two years after ending his playing career.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Both agreed to two-way contracts after making their NHL debuts last season.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
He has a window of opportunity to agree to terms with an NHL team.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 26
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)