Sep 9, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
“There will be a lot of transactions during this training camp,” Tallon told the Sun Sentinel. “We’re looking at every possibility, the waiver wire, trades, free agents, whatever we can do to improve.”
There are certainly some intriguing options on the free agent market, including Ilya Bryzgalov, Tim Thomas, and former Panthers goaltender Jose Theodore. The problem with any of them is that Clemmensen is only projected to be the backup goaltender and might end up missing little to no playing time, so it’s hardly an ideal situation for netminders with that kind of experience and standing.
Instead the Panthers might seek a goaltender that would be warm to joining their training camp roster on a tryout basis and possibly even agreeing to start the season in the AHL. Rick DiPietro, who is trying to work his way back into the NHL, might be an example of the type of goaltender they’re seeking.
If Clemmensen isn’t available for the season opener, then 23-year-old Jacob Markstrom would remain the team’s projected starting goaltender. Based on their current training camp roster, 20-year-old netminder Michael Houser would seem to be a strong contender to start the campaign as the number two netminder despite the fact that he has no AHL or NHL experience.
Another possibility is 25-year-old Rob Madore, who spent four seasons with the University of Vermont. He has only nine games worth of experience in the AHL, but he does have a 1.83 GAA and .951 save percentage at that level.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
Nick Foligno called his goal ahead of time.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Just a nightmarish evening for Anaheim.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Is history repeating itself?
Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Pittsburgh once again can’t hold a team to less than three goals.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Many wonder why he played the puck.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
He was hurt on Saturday.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
We ask, you answer.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
He was punished for a knee-on-knee hit to Colorado’s Tyson Barrie.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
Chicago is trying to even the series.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
But Pittsburgh’s lead is far from secure.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
He was second in the regular season scoring race.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
San Jose will go for the sweep on Thursday.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Nick Schultz took his place.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
Neither team has done a good job of playing with the lead.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:39 PM EDT
He made his series debut in the late stages of Game 3.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
“I do look cross-eyed for sure.”
Apr 23, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Patrick Roy made it official on Wednesday.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
There he is with Patrick Bordeleau’s glove in his face.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Physical battle starting to take its toll.
- Blue Jackets couldn’t have scripted franchise’s first playoff home win any better 0
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 2
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 52
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 80
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)