Sep 9, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
Injury-riddled Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm faces a (sort of) good news/bad news situation regarding his banged-up body.
On the bright side, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports that the back issues that limited to one game in 2013 seem mostly cleared up. Unfortunately, the latest ailment is a groin injury, which an MRI revealed to be just a small strain.
Having these issues pile up understandably frustrates the hard-working center.
“It is almost kind of comical the way these things keep happening,” Helm said on Monday. “I came off, I wasn’t too happy. But it wasn’t my back, so I’m not too upset about it. I don’t think this is going to be too long.”
Helm suffered his latest injury while skating on Friday, according to St. James.
The Free Press report indicates that it might be safe to expect Helm to be doubtful for the Red Wings’ first preseason games, considering the unpredictable way groin injuries can linger.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)