Sep 9, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
Injury-riddled Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm faces a (sort of) good news/bad news situation regarding his banged-up body.
On the bright side, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports that the back issues that limited to one game in 2013 seem mostly cleared up. Unfortunately, the latest ailment is a groin injury, which an MRI revealed to be just a small strain.
Having these issues pile up understandably frustrates the hard-working center.
“It is almost kind of comical the way these things keep happening,” Helm said on Monday. “I came off, I wasn’t too happy. But it wasn’t my back, so I’m not too upset about it. I don’t think this is going to be too long.”
Helm suffered his latest injury while skating on Friday, according to St. James.
The Free Press report indicates that it might be safe to expect Helm to be doubtful for the Red Wings’ first preseason games, considering the unpredictable way groin injuries can linger.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)