Sep 9, 2013, 9:52 PM EST
Injury-riddled Detroit Red Wings forward Darren Helm faces a (sort of) good news/bad news situation regarding his banged-up body.
On the bright side, the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James reports that the back issues that limited to one game in 2013 seem mostly cleared up. Unfortunately, the latest ailment is a groin injury, which an MRI revealed to be just a small strain.
Having these issues pile up understandably frustrates the hard-working center.
“It is almost kind of comical the way these things keep happening,” Helm said on Monday. “I came off, I wasn’t too happy. But it wasn’t my back, so I’m not too upset about it. I don’t think this is going to be too long.”
Helm suffered his latest injury while skating on Friday, according to St. James.
The Free Press report indicates that it might be safe to expect Helm to be doubtful for the Red Wings’ first preseason games, considering the unpredictable way groin injuries can linger.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35