Sep 9, 2013, 8:58 AM EDT
On Sunday, Jason Karmanos was fired from his post as assistant general manager on the team his father Peter Karmanos Jr. owns, the Carolina Hurricanes. Jason had been with the club for 15 years.
The elder Karmanos referred to the situation as a “family matter” and declined to comment further at this time. However, his son was willing to share some of his thoughts with the News & Observer.
“The disagreement I had with my father had nothing to do with the direction of the team or the business of the team,” Jason Karmanos said. “This has nothing to do with my job performance.
“It’s an unfortunate situation and it’s extremely disappointing. My emotions are still raw.”
Jason Karmanos also specified that the firing wasn’t influenced by any legal issues. With him gone, Vice President of Hockey Operations Ron Francis and Video Scout/Hockey Operations Darren Yorke will absorb the former assistant general manager’s responsibilities.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)