Sep 9, 2013, 8:58 AM EST
On Sunday, Jason Karmanos was fired from his post as assistant general manager on the team his father Peter Karmanos Jr. owns, the Carolina Hurricanes. Jason had been with the club for 15 years.
The elder Karmanos referred to the situation as a “family matter” and declined to comment further at this time. However, his son was willing to share some of his thoughts with the News & Observer.
“The disagreement I had with my father had nothing to do with the direction of the team or the business of the team,” Jason Karmanos said. “This has nothing to do with my job performance.
“It’s an unfortunate situation and it’s extremely disappointing. My emotions are still raw.”
Jason Karmanos also specified that the firing wasn’t influenced by any legal issues. With him gone, Vice President of Hockey Operations Ron Francis and Video Scout/Hockey Operations Darren Yorke will absorb the former assistant general manager’s responsibilities.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)