Sep 9, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Veteran defenseman Brett Carson has signed with AIK of the Swedish Hockey League, the club announced on Sunday.
Carson, 27, was drafted by Carolina in 2004 and appeared in 72 games with the ‘Canes between 2008-11. From there, he inked a two year deal with Calgary and proceeded to appear in 18 games for the Flames, including 10 last season.
Carson’s finest NHL season came with Carolina during the 2009-10 campaign, when he posted career-highs in games played (54), goals (two) assists (10) and points (12).
He also established himself as a good offensive defenseman in the AHL, leading Abbotsford in d-man goals last year (six) despite only playing 26 games for the Heat.
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 0
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)