Sep 9, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Veteran defenseman Brett Carson has signed with AIK of the Swedish Hockey League, the club announced on Sunday.
Carson, 27, was drafted by Carolina in 2004 and appeared in 72 games with the ‘Canes between 2008-11. From there, he inked a two year deal with Calgary and proceeded to appear in 18 games for the Flames, including 10 last season.
Carson’s finest NHL season came with Carolina during the 2009-10 campaign, when he posted career-highs in games played (54), goals (two) assists (10) and points (12).
He also established himself as a good offensive defenseman in the AHL, leading Abbotsford in d-man goals last year (six) despite only playing 26 games for the Heat.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7