Sep 9, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Veteran defenseman Brett Carson has signed with AIK of the Swedish Hockey League, the club announced on Sunday.
Carson, 27, was drafted by Carolina in 2004 and appeared in 72 games with the ‘Canes between 2008-11. From there, he inked a two year deal with Calgary and proceeded to appear in 18 games for the Flames, including 10 last season.
Carson’s finest NHL season came with Carolina during the 2009-10 campaign, when he posted career-highs in games played (54), goals (two) assists (10) and points (12).
He also established himself as a good offensive defenseman in the AHL, leading Abbotsford in d-man goals last year (six) despite only playing 26 games for the Heat.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6