Sep 9, 2013, 10:49 AM EST
Veteran defenseman Brett Carson has signed with AIK of the Swedish Hockey League, the club announced on Sunday.
Carson, 27, was drafted by Carolina in 2004 and appeared in 72 games with the ‘Canes between 2008-11. From there, he inked a two year deal with Calgary and proceeded to appear in 18 games for the Flames, including 10 last season.
Carson’s finest NHL season came with Carolina during the 2009-10 campaign, when he posted career-highs in games played (54), goals (two) assists (10) and points (12).
He also established himself as a good offensive defenseman in the AHL, leading Abbotsford in d-man goals last year (six) despite only playing 26 games for the Heat.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 6
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2