Sep 9, 2013, 10:49 AM EDT
Veteran defenseman Brett Carson has signed with AIK of the Swedish Hockey League, the club announced on Sunday.
Carson, 27, was drafted by Carolina in 2004 and appeared in 72 games with the ‘Canes between 2008-11. From there, he inked a two year deal with Calgary and proceeded to appear in 18 games for the Flames, including 10 last season.
Carson’s finest NHL season came with Carolina during the 2009-10 campaign, when he posted career-highs in games played (54), goals (two) assists (10) and points (12).
He also established himself as a good offensive defenseman in the AHL, leading Abbotsford in d-man goals last year (six) despite only playing 26 games for the Heat.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)