Sep 9, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Today was supposed to be the first day of the divorce trial between Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini and his wife, Taliah.
According to Global News, however, the couple reached a settlement yesterday, thus avoiding the airing of any dirty laundry in court.
From the Globe and Mail:
George Macintosh, Mr. Aquilini’s lawyer, said the settlement was reached late Sunday afternoon. He said the agreement is confidential, but both parties were able to do the right thing for their children and reach an agreement.
Given Aquilini’s celebrity status in Vancouver, not to mention the alleged infidelity, the trial would have been heavily covered by the media.
Now that it’s settled, we guess the Globe and Mail can cancel its live blog.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33