Sep 9, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Today was supposed to be the first day of the divorce trial between Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini and his wife, Taliah.
According to Global News, however, the couple reached a settlement yesterday, thus avoiding the airing of any dirty laundry in court.
From the Globe and Mail:
George Macintosh, Mr. Aquilini’s lawyer, said the settlement was reached late Sunday afternoon. He said the agreement is confidential, but both parties were able to do the right thing for their children and reach an agreement.
Given Aquilini’s celebrity status in Vancouver, not to mention the alleged infidelity, the trial would have been heavily covered by the media.
Now that it’s settled, we guess the Globe and Mail can cancel its live blog.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62