Sep 9, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
Today was supposed to be the first day of the divorce trial between Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini and his wife, Taliah.
According to Global News, however, the couple reached a settlement yesterday, thus avoiding the airing of any dirty laundry in court.
From the Globe and Mail:
George Macintosh, Mr. Aquilini’s lawyer, said the settlement was reached late Sunday afternoon. He said the agreement is confidential, but both parties were able to do the right thing for their children and reach an agreement.
Given Aquilini’s celebrity status in Vancouver, not to mention the alleged infidelity, the trial would have been heavily covered by the media.
Now that it’s settled, we guess the Globe and Mail can cancel its live blog.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 10
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)