Sep 9, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Today was supposed to be the first day of the divorce trial between Vancouver Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini and his wife, Taliah.
According to Global News, however, the couple reached a settlement yesterday, thus avoiding the airing of any dirty laundry in court.
From the Globe and Mail:
George Macintosh, Mr. Aquilini’s lawyer, said the settlement was reached late Sunday afternoon. He said the agreement is confidential, but both parties were able to do the right thing for their children and reach an agreement.
Given Aquilini’s celebrity status in Vancouver, not to mention the alleged infidelity, the trial would have been heavily covered by the media.
Now that it’s settled, we guess the Globe and Mail can cancel its live blog.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)