Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made Brett Hull’s return to the organization official on Monday via a press conference, revealing that his precise title is executive vice president.
Blues chairman Tom Stillman expects Hull to convert his on-ice glory to great work as a suit.
“Brett was a Hall of Famer on ice, and he’ll be a Hall of Famer in this capacity as well,” Stillman said.
There were certainly some warm-and-fuzzy feelings going around, especially when Hull put on that Blues No. 16 sweater again, which the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford captured.
“I never wanted to leave 15 years ago, and I’m glad I’m back, I can tell you that,” Hull said. “I just want to reiterate. I’m so glad to be back, I’m proud to be part of the Blue Note again, and let’s go Blues.”
The Blues shared this video celebrating Hull’s return to the organization.
(Main image via the Blues.)
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 9
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)