Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made Brett Hull’s return to the organization official on Monday via a press conference, revealing that his precise title is executive vice president.
Blues chairman Tom Stillman expects Hull to convert his on-ice glory to great work as a suit.
“Brett was a Hall of Famer on ice, and he’ll be a Hall of Famer in this capacity as well,” Stillman said.
There were certainly some warm-and-fuzzy feelings going around, especially when Hull put on that Blues No. 16 sweater again, which the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford captured.
“I never wanted to leave 15 years ago, and I’m glad I’m back, I can tell you that,” Hull said. “I just want to reiterate. I’m so glad to be back, I’m proud to be part of the Blue Note again, and let’s go Blues.”
The Blues shared this video celebrating Hull’s return to the organization.
(Main image via the Blues.)
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)