Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made Brett Hull’s return to the organization official on Monday via a press conference, revealing that his precise title is executive vice president.
Blues chairman Tom Stillman expects Hull to convert his on-ice glory to great work as a suit.
“Brett was a Hall of Famer on ice, and he’ll be a Hall of Famer in this capacity as well,” Stillman said.
There were certainly some warm-and-fuzzy feelings going around, especially when Hull put on that Blues No. 16 sweater again, which the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford captured.
“I never wanted to leave 15 years ago, and I’m glad I’m back, I can tell you that,” Hull said. “I just want to reiterate. I’m so glad to be back, I’m proud to be part of the Blue Note again, and let’s go Blues.”
The Blues shared this video celebrating Hull’s return to the organization.
(Main image via the Blues.)
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)