Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made Brett Hull’s return to the organization official on Monday via a press conference, revealing that his precise title is executive vice president.
Blues chairman Tom Stillman expects Hull to convert his on-ice glory to great work as a suit.
“Brett was a Hall of Famer on ice, and he’ll be a Hall of Famer in this capacity as well,” Stillman said.
There were certainly some warm-and-fuzzy feelings going around, especially when Hull put on that Blues No. 16 sweater again, which the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford captured.
“I never wanted to leave 15 years ago, and I’m glad I’m back, I can tell you that,” Hull said. “I just want to reiterate. I’m so glad to be back, I’m proud to be part of the Blue Note again, and let’s go Blues.”
The Blues shared this video celebrating Hull’s return to the organization.
(Main image via the Blues.)
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)