Sep 9, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made Brett Hull’s return to the organization official on Monday via a press conference, revealing that his precise title is executive vice president.
Blues chairman Tom Stillman expects Hull to convert his on-ice glory to great work as a suit.
“Brett was a Hall of Famer on ice, and he’ll be a Hall of Famer in this capacity as well,” Stillman said.
There were certainly some warm-and-fuzzy feelings going around, especially when Hull put on that Blues No. 16 sweater again, which the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford captured.
“I never wanted to leave 15 years ago, and I’m glad I’m back, I can tell you that,” Hull said. “I just want to reiterate. I’m so glad to be back, I’m proud to be part of the Blue Note again, and let’s go Blues.”
The Blues shared this video celebrating Hull’s return to the organization.
(Main image via the Blues.)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)