Sep 8, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
“Absolutely not,” MacTavish said.
Instead, the new Oilers GM said they’re sticking with “the most pessimistic schedule that they started with,” which is a target date of Nov. 1.
Naturally, the 20-year-old might beat that estimate, yet it might be a good rule of thumb.
Nugent-Hopkins recently said that his shoulder is healing well, noting that his shot feels better than it did last year. The Oilers are probably wise not to rush him back too soon, though.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 0
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 14
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)