Sep 8, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
“Absolutely not,” MacTavish said.
Instead, the new Oilers GM said they’re sticking with “the most pessimistic schedule that they started with,” which is a target date of Nov. 1.
Naturally, the 20-year-old might beat that estimate, yet it might be a good rule of thumb.
Nugent-Hopkins recently said that his shoulder is healing well, noting that his shot feels better than it did last year. The Oilers are probably wise not to rush him back too soon, though.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)