Sep 8, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Russian Machine Never Breaks notes that the 21-year-old forward is developing an unfortunate track record of injury concerns, especially shoulder issues. He already has undergone two procedures for his shoulder and has been banged up in every season of his KHL career.
If fragility wasn’t enough of a concern for the Capitals brass, getting him to the NHL has been a headache of its own.
Caps GM George McPhee continues to say all the right things about the process, yet it must be frustrating that he won’t arrive in North America until late next season, if not 2014-15.
The franchise must hope that he’ll make it to the big time in decent condition, then.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)