Sep 8, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Russian Machine Never Breaks notes that the 21-year-old forward is developing an unfortunate track record of injury concerns, especially shoulder issues. He already has undergone two procedures for his shoulder and has been banged up in every season of his KHL career.
If fragility wasn’t enough of a concern for the Capitals brass, getting him to the NHL has been a headache of its own.
Caps GM George McPhee continues to say all the right things about the process, yet it must be frustrating that he won’t arrive in North America until late next season, if not 2014-15.
The franchise must hope that he’ll make it to the big time in decent condition, then.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18