Sep 8, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Russian Machine Never Breaks notes that the 21-year-old forward is developing an unfortunate track record of injury concerns, especially shoulder issues. He already has undergone two procedures for his shoulder and has been banged up in every season of his KHL career.
If fragility wasn’t enough of a concern for the Capitals brass, getting him to the NHL has been a headache of its own.
Caps GM George McPhee continues to say all the right things about the process, yet it must be frustrating that he won’t arrive in North America until late next season, if not 2014-15.
The franchise must hope that he’ll make it to the big time in decent condition, then.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)