Sep 8, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Russian Machine Never Breaks notes that the 21-year-old forward is developing an unfortunate track record of injury concerns, especially shoulder issues. He already has undergone two procedures for his shoulder and has been banged up in every season of his KHL career.
If fragility wasn’t enough of a concern for the Capitals brass, getting him to the NHL has been a headache of its own.
Caps GM George McPhee continues to say all the right things about the process, yet it must be frustrating that he won’t arrive in North America until late next season, if not 2014-15.
The franchise must hope that he’ll make it to the big time in decent condition, then.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 0
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 13
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10