Sep 8, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Russian Machine Never Breaks notes that the 21-year-old forward is developing an unfortunate track record of injury concerns, especially shoulder issues. He already has undergone two procedures for his shoulder and has been banged up in every season of his KHL career.
If fragility wasn’t enough of a concern for the Capitals brass, getting him to the NHL has been a headache of its own.
Caps GM George McPhee continues to say all the right things about the process, yet it must be frustrating that he won’t arrive in North America until late next season, if not 2014-15.
The franchise must hope that he’ll make it to the big time in decent condition, then.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9