Sep 8, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The rumors about Brett Hull joining the St. Louis Blues as an executive are true.
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the team is set to announce Hull as a vice president of the team centered on the business side of operations. T.J. Oshie is happy to welcome him back to the team.
“Obviously (Hull is) probably one of the most well-known players in town here, an unbelievable guy … a great team guy who knows the players’ side of the game probably a lot better than most people. It will be great to have him up (in the front office).”
Calling Hull well-known in St. Louis is a massive understatement. He played 11 seasons with the Blues and had his greatest seasons as a goal-scorer there including a career-high 86 goals in 1990-91. In all, he scored 527 out of his 741 career goals with the Blues.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 38
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 100
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)