Sep 8, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
The rumors about Brett Hull joining the St. Louis Blues as an executive are true.
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the team is set to announce Hull as a vice president of the team centered on the business side of operations. T.J. Oshie is happy to welcome him back to the team.
“Obviously (Hull is) probably one of the most well-known players in town here, an unbelievable guy … a great team guy who knows the players’ side of the game probably a lot better than most people. It will be great to have him up (in the front office).”
Calling Hull well-known in St. Louis is a massive understatement. He played 11 seasons with the Blues and had his greatest seasons as a goal-scorer there including a career-high 86 goals in 1990-91. In all, he scored 527 out of his 741 career goals with the Blues.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 14
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)