Sep 8, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The rumors about Brett Hull joining the St. Louis Blues as an executive are true.
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the team is set to announce Hull as a vice president of the team centered on the business side of operations. T.J. Oshie is happy to welcome him back to the team.
“Obviously (Hull is) probably one of the most well-known players in town here, an unbelievable guy … a great team guy who knows the players’ side of the game probably a lot better than most people. It will be great to have him up (in the front office).”
Calling Hull well-known in St. Louis is a massive understatement. He played 11 seasons with the Blues and had his greatest seasons as a goal-scorer there including a career-high 86 goals in 1990-91. In all, he scored 527 out of his 741 career goals with the Blues.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)