Sep 8, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The rumors about Brett Hull joining the St. Louis Blues as an executive are true.
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the team is set to announce Hull as a vice president of the team centered on the business side of operations. T.J. Oshie is happy to welcome him back to the team.
“Obviously (Hull is) probably one of the most well-known players in town here, an unbelievable guy … a great team guy who knows the players’ side of the game probably a lot better than most people. It will be great to have him up (in the front office).”
Calling Hull well-known in St. Louis is a massive understatement. He played 11 seasons with the Blues and had his greatest seasons as a goal-scorer there including a career-high 86 goals in 1990-91. In all, he scored 527 out of his 741 career goals with the Blues.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 5
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (49)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)