Sep 8, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The rumors about Brett Hull joining the St. Louis Blues as an executive are true.
According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the team is set to announce Hull as a vice president of the team centered on the business side of operations. T.J. Oshie is happy to welcome him back to the team.
“Obviously (Hull is) probably one of the most well-known players in town here, an unbelievable guy … a great team guy who knows the players’ side of the game probably a lot better than most people. It will be great to have him up (in the front office).”
Calling Hull well-known in St. Louis is a massive understatement. He played 11 seasons with the Blues and had his greatest seasons as a goal-scorer there including a career-high 86 goals in 1990-91. In all, he scored 527 out of his 741 career goals with the Blues.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)