Sep 8, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In many ways, the Colorado Avalanche’s future is looking brighter these days, but things aren’t necessarily turning around for everyone. It appears that prospect Joey Hishon’s injury woes continue, as the Denver Post reports that he missed a Sunday rookie camp with a groin issue.
There’s some glass-half-full good news: it’s just day-to-day and the 21-year-old isn’t currently dealing with the concussion issues that have plagued his career. It’s tough to shake the dour vibe of yet another issue for the forward, however.
Those concussion issues kept him off the ice altogether in 2011-12 and he was limited to nine games played last season, scoring six points for the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Maybe things will work off in the long run, but one cannot blame Hishon if he’s getting frustrated.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22