Sep 8, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In many ways, the Colorado Avalanche’s future is looking brighter these days, but things aren’t necessarily turning around for everyone. It appears that prospect Joey Hishon’s injury woes continue, as the Denver Post reports that he missed a Sunday rookie camp with a groin issue.
There’s some glass-half-full good news: it’s just day-to-day and the 21-year-old isn’t currently dealing with the concussion issues that have plagued his career. It’s tough to shake the dour vibe of yet another issue for the forward, however.
Those concussion issues kept him off the ice altogether in 2011-12 and he was limited to nine games played last season, scoring six points for the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Maybe things will work off in the long run, but one cannot blame Hishon if he’s getting frustrated.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)