Sep 8, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In many ways, the Colorado Avalanche’s future is looking brighter these days, but things aren’t necessarily turning around for everyone. It appears that prospect Joey Hishon’s injury woes continue, as the Denver Post reports that he missed a Sunday rookie camp with a groin issue.
There’s some glass-half-full good news: it’s just day-to-day and the 21-year-old isn’t currently dealing with the concussion issues that have plagued his career. It’s tough to shake the dour vibe of yet another issue for the forward, however.
Those concussion issues kept him off the ice altogether in 2011-12 and he was limited to nine games played last season, scoring six points for the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Maybe things will work off in the long run, but one cannot blame Hishon if he’s getting frustrated.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5