Sep 8, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
In many ways, the Colorado Avalanche’s future is looking brighter these days, but things aren’t necessarily turning around for everyone. It appears that prospect Joey Hishon’s injury woes continue, as the Denver Post reports that he missed a Sunday rookie camp with a groin issue.
There’s some glass-half-full good news: it’s just day-to-day and the 21-year-old isn’t currently dealing with the concussion issues that have plagued his career. It’s tough to shake the dour vibe of yet another issue for the forward, however.
Those concussion issues kept him off the ice altogether in 2011-12 and he was limited to nine games played last season, scoring six points for the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Maybe things will work off in the long run, but one cannot blame Hishon if he’s getting frustrated.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)