Sep 8, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
In many ways, the Colorado Avalanche’s future is looking brighter these days, but things aren’t necessarily turning around for everyone. It appears that prospect Joey Hishon’s injury woes continue, as the Denver Post reports that he missed a Sunday rookie camp with a groin issue.
There’s some glass-half-full good news: it’s just day-to-day and the 21-year-old isn’t currently dealing with the concussion issues that have plagued his career. It’s tough to shake the dour vibe of yet another issue for the forward, however.
Those concussion issues kept him off the ice altogether in 2011-12 and he was limited to nine games played last season, scoring six points for the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Maybe things will work off in the long run, but one cannot blame Hishon if he’s getting frustrated.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 17
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 25
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)