Sep 7, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
Defenseman Tom Gilbert has been trying to land another NHL job since being bought out by the Minnesota Wild this year. Things haven’t gone so well on that front.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports the 30-year-old Gilbert may wind up overseas in Switzerland thanks to the lack of interest here.
Gilbert has spent seven seasons in the NHL, mostly with the Edmonton Oilers, and finished last year with the Wild. As a puck-moving, offensive-defenseman he’s gotten knocked for not playing physical enough, but his advanced statistics say he’s solid in the role he plays.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 10
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 55
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (55)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)