Sep 7, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Defenseman Tom Gilbert has been trying to land another NHL job since being bought out by the Minnesota Wild this year. Things haven’t gone so well on that front.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports the 30-year-old Gilbert may wind up overseas in Switzerland thanks to the lack of interest here.
Gilbert has spent seven seasons in the NHL, mostly with the Edmonton Oilers, and finished last year with the Wild. As a puck-moving, offensive-defenseman he’s gotten knocked for not playing physical enough, but his advanced statistics say he’s solid in the role he plays.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)