Sep 7, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Defenseman Tom Gilbert has been trying to land another NHL job since being bought out by the Minnesota Wild this year. Things haven’t gone so well on that front.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal reports the 30-year-old Gilbert may wind up overseas in Switzerland thanks to the lack of interest here.
Gilbert has spent seven seasons in the NHL, mostly with the Edmonton Oilers, and finished last year with the Wild. As a puck-moving, offensive-defenseman he’s gotten knocked for not playing physical enough, but his advanced statistics say he’s solid in the role he plays.
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 0
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 58
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)