Sep 7, 2013, 3:28 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings rookie Tyler Toffoli had been a right wing his whole career until last season. He was used a left wing during last year’s late-season run, but now coach Darryl Sutter wants to get him back to where he started.
Sutter tells Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times he doesn’t want to mess with Toffoli’s development and will have him go back to working on the right wing.
“I don’t want to set Tyler back. That’s my thinking,” Sutter said Friday. “I’m not going to spend a lot of time. If he’s way better on the right than he is on the left, that’s the best chance. I’m really cautious about that one, because he’s never played it and he’s a good player.”
Toffoli arrived on the scene with a bang last season with two goals and three assists in 10 regular season games and another two goals and four assists in the playoffs. With the Kings losing Dustin Penner in free agency, that opens a spot in L.A.’s forward top-six, albeit on the left side.
One thing’s for sure, if he can keep producing points, they’ll find a spot for him no matter what.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)